The Zoo

It was the day before Christmas and Skipper had decided to let his brothers go to the zoo. The leader had scoped out the security the day before and was satisfied that the zookeeper, Alice left shortly after the last feeding. The four went in stealthily over the gate. Kowalski was wearing a strange set of headgear that he said was supposed to give him night vision. Skipper rolled his eyes. "Kowalski, you don't need night vision."

"Fine..." He took off the goggles reluctantly and placed them into his backpack. As the four took a step forward they stopped suddenly at the sight of four penguins standing in front of them. "Eh..."

One of the penguins was a flat top, much like Skipper's buzz cut. One had a round top like Kowalski's mop head. Kowalski adjusted his glasses to get a better look at them. Another penguin had a scar just like Rico's. The smallest penguin looked with wide big baby blue eyes at the youngest boy who had tilted his head, trying to figure out if he was just seeing things.

"Kowalski, are these what you call penguins?" Little Private asked. He was now about three and a few months old. He was a curious little boy who believed in the good in people.

The round headed penguin looked at the boy funny. "Yes, Private, these are penguins. The flightless birds of the South Pole." The penguin then looked at Kowalski who felt a little disturbed by the penguin who seemed to be staring at him inquisitively. Rico was playing mirror with the penguin who had a scar over his beak in the same place as the one on his own face.

Skipper then had an idea. "Hey, Kowalski... did you happen to bring that animal translator that you've been working on?"

"Yes, but... it's not tested..."

"Well... no time like the present." Kowalski nodded and brought out four small earpieces that he had made from trash and some supplies that he and Rico had found around the HQ in a storage room. He handed one to each of the boys while the penguins were squawking to each other.

"...so yes, I'm sure I didn't insert our files or DNA into a set of humans, Skipper!" The tallest of the penguins grumbled to the short flat top.

"Blast, then we've got to wipe their memories."

"Skipper, it's not like they've seen anything." The shortest and cutest of the four pointed out. "Besides, look at them. They're just kids. What are they even doing here?"

The one with a scar shrugged. "I on oh." Rico blinked in shock. The penguin even sounded like him.

"Private, they could be spies, I mean, come on, did you see how they came in here? They entered over the gate. Over the gate, and in the middle of the night for that matter!"

Private giggled at that. He had been holding onto Rico the whole time but now let go and walked over to the penguins. "Private, don't..." Skipper warned the boy.

"But Skippah, they're cute... and cuddly..." Private, not wanting to disappoint his big brother sat down in front of the penguins. He wouldn't touch them if it meant his big brother would be upset. He didn't like making his brothers unhappy.

Both Skippers looked at the boy with a pained expression. He was too adorable for them to handle at times. Private gave them a cute expression that nearly floored the boys and the penguins. The only one who wasn't affected was the smallest penguin who was laughing at how adorable the boy was.

"What the deuce? This kid has a Hyper Cute too!"

"Holy fried halibut, Private, tone down the cuteness!"