Private Andrews

Kowalski didn't regret what he had just seen, what he had been allowed to see, what he regretted was his stomach not holding up to it all. Little Private Andrews, weighing at 12 ounces with jet black hair and baby blue eyes, had just been born, and Kowalski Andrews had volunteered to help his father deliver his new brother. Skipper had warned him about it though, and had kept Rico back while holding out a bucket for Kowalski. Skipper and Rico were sitting outside the room on a bench. One of Skipper's hands was being clenched by Rico, who didn't like the screaming that was coming from the room, while the other hand was occupied by a bucket for Kowalski, should he come running out in need of it. Skipper was impressed with how long Kowalski had lasted though. He had managed to last through the entire delivery and only threw up after they had cleaned up little Private. The newborn baby was currently napping in his mother's arms after crying and feeding on and off for an hour.

Skipper smiled as he patted his taller brother's back. "Most adults don't have the stomach for that, Kowalski. Don't worry. You did good."

Kowalski was gasping for breath, and managed a smirk at his older brother's compliment. "Thanks, Skipper."

That night, the three brothers slept in the hospital room with their mother and their newest brother. Peter smiled as he found them all asleep and smiling. The three boys were asleep at different positions surrounding their mother and their youngest brother. Peter smiled. It was like they had tried to stay up and defend their little brother from any new dangers that were possible. "...probably trying to defend them from nightmares." He placed a small blanket on each of the boys and rubbed his new child's head. He then whispered, "Your brothers will always be there for you, even when we can't, Private. So don't ever worry about that."

Private opened his eyes for a moment and smiled knowingly before closing them again, drifting into a peaceful sleep, filled with his family that surrounded him. He wasn't afraid. He knew that his father was right. His big brothers would always be there for him.