07. Here For You [A.B.]

Here For You{Asa x Reader}

Here For You
{Asa x Reader}

I fell onto the couch, stretching my limbs out, and then contracting back in to myself. My vision was blurred with tears, falling silently against my skin. I could only imagine the wreck I must've looked like. Runny masacara, red eyes, blotchy face, imperfect body curled up on a worn out sofa....

When a knock came at the door, I almost jumped up. I wasn't expecting anyone today.

But at the same time, my phone lit up. Hesitating, I picked it up, seeing it was just a text from my boyfriend. My stupid boyfriend, with his perfect stupid face.

Asa: at the back door, love. can i come in?

Me: door's unlocked.

I threw my phone onto the table after typing my short response, then brought my hands to my face. I probably looked like a disaster. I had left work crying, and hadn't even looked in a mirror since I got home. I slowly pushed myself up, hopefully to make it to a mirror before Asa found me like this.

"Y/N?" I heard his voice, and the slamming of the back door.

"I'm in the living room," I called, "Heading to the washroom for a second!"

I tried to scurry through the house, before he would undoubtedly show up. I tried to pat down my hair as I walked, now a little messy from laying on the couch.

My hands grasped the handle of the bathroom door, just as hands grasped my waist. I yelped in surprise, spinning around quickly to face Asa.

"Asa!" I screamed, my voice cracking. I smacked my hands against his chest, my eyes meeting his baby blue ones. He was grinning mischievously, until his eyes landed on my running makeup and probably pink face.

"Y/N," he said again, his voice soft, "What's wrong, love? Were you crying?" His hands went back to my waist, my heart stopping for a second.

"I'm fine," I lied, pulling out of his grip.

"Don't lie to me," Asa pleaded quietly, "You know you can talk to me. Did something happen at work?"

I chewed my bottom lip, shaking my head.

He continued to look at me, but my stare drifted to the floor. I couldn't stand him looking at me, while I looked like this. I gulped, looking down so that my hair covered my face. If I could hide all of them, and just disappear altogether.

"What's going on, baby?" He pried. He placed a single hand underneath my chin, lifting my head. Our eyes met again, and I couldn't help but wonder if I truly deserved to call those eyes mine.

"I... you... we..." I couldn't find the right words.

"We what?" Asa begged, his eyes widening with fear. His hands dropped back to his sides. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm not breaking up with you," I said, feeling utterly flustered. "Although most of your fans would love that." My voice caught, giving myself away. My shoulders slumped lower.

Asa blinked, his confused expression staring back at me. "I don't know what you're talking about, Y/N."

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "It's whatever."

"It's obviously not," he argued.

I squeezed my eyes shut, wishing for this moment to just be through.

"I've... I'm.... there's these people, they're commenting things on our pictures, on mine, they're saying all of these things... and I can't help but think they're right," I confessed, the words falling out of my mouth. Asa was quiet, his body still. Had he really not seen the comments? "Sh-she's not good enough for Asa. She's ugly. She's overweight. Asa deserves better. She's a waste of space who isn't even talented. Asa should date Ella, instead of this excuse of a girlfriend. She should just k-kill herself." The last one broke me, tears flooding my eyes once again.

I turned quickly, storming into the bathroom. I tried slamming the door, but Asa quickly caught it before it shut, holding it open. I sighed, giving up and turning to the sink. My hands gripped the counter tightly, my knuckles turning white.

"Darling," his voice was soft, "Y/N, my love." His hands reached for mine, gently prying them off the counter and holding them in his much larger ones.

I didn't care about how I looked anymore. What was the point? I let myself fall against his chest, my cries becoming muffled against the fabric of his shirt.

"Those people don't matter," Asa whispered, "Those people are just jealous and lowly people, Y/N. Anyone who truly knows you wouldn't say any thing like that, ever. I have never thought anything like that about you, darling. In fact, the truth is that I don't deserve you." One hand patted my hair gently, the other rubbing my back slowly.

"Yeah, thanks," I breathed, trying to calm myself.

"Love, it is okay to cry, though," he promised, feeling my body tense under him. "It's okay. I've got you. As long as you need. Just know that they're all liars."

My body relaxed, but my breathing stayed sporadic and my tears continued.

"You're beautiful," Asa whispered, "You are so beautiful, so wonderful, so amazing on the inside and outside. I love you. So many people love you. And, whatever happens, I'll be always be here for you."

"Thank you," I sighed, pulling away slightly to get a good look at his face, "I love you, Asa."

"Yeah, I know," he chuckled half heartedly, trying to lighten the mood. His head dipped down, his gently touching mine for a second.

I melted back against him, thankful to have such a loving guy by my side. He was right. What did those comments matter if he didn't they were true? Asa was the only one that mattered.

• • • • •

author's note | yo, sorry this one was kind of sad. anyway, i'm really feeling writing imagines lately, and because of that, i have an announcement for the next part! woohoo! (i think, at least)

love you guys, hope you're all believing that you're beautiful people ;)

also, what do you think about doing questions for each part? you know that i mean? let's try it

q: favorite movie(s) asa has been in?
a: my favorites are Hugo, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, and The Space Between Us