03. Two Millennials & The 1940's [J.P.]

two millennials & the 1940's{jacob x reader}

{jacob x reader}

I arose from my bed, yawning big and stretching my arms out. Checking the clock, I realized I had one minute before classes with Miss Peregrine. With a little push, and my gift of super speed, I dashed through my room and bathroom. In thirty seconds I was ready for the day and inside the classroom.

To my surprise, the classroom was completely empty. I waited out the last few seconds left, and when the clock struck and Miss Peregrine still hadn't arrived, I knew something was wrong. Even though I hadn't been here even two months I knew all about Miss Peregrine's precise timeliness.

I sped downstairs, immediately finding everyone inside of the big living room. I skidded to a stop, almost colliding into Enoch. When it came to running, I was pretty clumsy and could barely control my speed. Luckily, I had eternity to work on that.

Everyone was standing around in a circle, surrounding an unfamiliar boy. But by the looks of everyone's excited expressions and the way they seemed to know him, it wasn't hard at all to figure out who he was. I scanned the room quickly, noticing that Emma wasn't around.

He was Jacob Portman.

"Jacob, I'm so happy you've come to visit," Miss Peregrine was saying with a bright smile, "We have a new girl I'd love for you to meet." Everyone's eyes drifted to the doorway, where I stood, wide eyed and surprised.

It was Jacob Portman. The teenage boy who had saved all of their lives just last year, before they'd taken me into their new home. I blinked in disbelief – I never thought I'd actually meet him, considering he completely obliterated Emma's heart right before I arrived. I also never thought I'd see another person from the era I came
from.

They all still loved Jacob, except for Emma, of course. But they seemed to understand, at least the older kids, because how could he stay in a time he didn't belong to forever? I understood the feeling, being from 2017, and not this 1940's perfect day I was trapped inside of.

"I've heard so many things about you." I said dumbly, uncomfortable under everyone's stares.

"You have?" He questioned, shifting his weight a bit awkwardly. "I mean, uh, I hope they're not all awful things." His face was dusted with a blush, something I quickly found adorable.

I tilted my head to the side, studying his ocean like eyes and clothes that were clearly from 2017. It was comforting to see somebody from my own time, honestly. "Not all," I finally sighed.

He nodded slowly, probably taking me in, too. It's not everyday Miss Peregrine got a new peculiar – unless it was the time and loop traveling Jacob, or apparently his grandfather before him.