Chapter 4- ~~Bacon~~

During the night Pitch woke up and slipped out of Alexa's bed and onto the balcony. He perched on the railing and it wasn't very long before the dragon landed silently behind him. He stalked up to the cat, fist raised.

"Alistar told me to dispose of you, should you somehow survive his demise." He said.  A cruel smile crossed his face as he reached for the cat. His hand stopped and he cursed.

"She told me not to hurt you." He brought his arm down. 

"I refuse to believe she is stronger than Alistar." The cat watched him carefully. You could see the dragon was sweaty and exhausted. He glared at the cat.

"Her mana has to run out soon. Even Alistar would be having trouble with the amount I've used." He said, glancing into the bedroom. When he realized the girl was sleeping he paled. He'd expected to find her struggling to maintain her mana and keep him there. Perhaps chanting mana regeneration spells or something. The cat meowed and he went back to glaring at it.

"I have not gotten weak." He snarled. The cat stood up and headed back to bed. The dragon watched as the cat snuggled up against the girl's arm. In her sleep she moved to hug him and the cat began to purr again. The dragon glared at him before making himself comfortable in a chair on the balcony. He would wait until she woke up then demand she dismiss him. As he sat in the chair he began to nod off. It was the first time he'd fallen alseep in the human world in centuries.

Alexa woke snuggled up to the cat, Pitch. She smiled and scratched behind his ears.He raised his head sleepily and yawned. Then began stretching. Alexa climbed out of bed and went to her bag of clothes. She picked out some cut off shorts and a tank top. The cat watched closely as she changed. She walked out onto the balcony to stretch, then turned and caught sight of the dragon. She smiled to herself. He was in one of the patio chairs, snoring slightly with his neck at an awkward angle. She sighed and grabbed a pillow off the bed. She hesitated several minutes before placing the pillow under his head. She tiptoed away, amazed she hadn't woken him. She headed downstairs where her mother was cooking breakfast. Pitch wasn't long in bumming a piece of bacon from her mother. She laughed at the cat then thought of the other familiar upstairs. She piled her plate high and headed up. She sat on a chair some distance from the dragon and began to eat. It wasn't long before she say the dragon's nose twitch and his eyes open. She ignored him for several minutes, until he stood up and approached her.

"You look tired out." She observed, studying his weary walk. He ignored her comment.

"Send me back. Dismiss me." He said quietly. Alexa watched him carefully.

"Sit and eat breakfast first. I have some questions." She said. He blinked a couple times.

"I don't need human food." He said, grabbing a chair slowly. Alexa gestured to the cat eating his fifth slice. 

"Pitch seems to enjoy it and it will give you something for answering my questions." She said. the dragon sat down and slowly picked up a slice of bacon.

"So, what is your name?" She asked. He hesitated as if judging whether it was a good idea to tell her. He took a second bite of his bacon and chewed it slowly.

"Kaleth." He finally answered before taking another bite. Alexa dipped a piece of toast into her egg. She bit off the piece that was dripping yellow. He watched her curiously, obviously not accustomed to her way of eating the egg.

"What do you normally eat if not 'human food'?" She asked. He chewed on his third peice of bacon deep in thought.

"Familiars with access to the other plane do not need to eat or sleep. We get rest and sustenance while we are in the other plane." He said. Alexa watched as he absently picked up his fifth piece of bacon. There was only one piece left.