Chapter Six; Oh My Lord

When we got home Briar went right to his room so he could change. I helped Coy get changed and told him to play with his toys while I got ready. I changed into something more comfortable and slipped my boots on, I was actually kind of nervous. Brantley really checked me out, IN FRONT OF HIS MOTHER AND BROTHER AT THAT! I mean he's hot as all get out but I haven't even gone out on a date since Coy's dad. I took a deep breath, I was getting way ahead of myself. I shook my head and was about to go get Coy when my phone rang, Brantley.

"Hey Brantley." I said trying not to sound too excited.

"Hey, I was wonderin if you don't mind stoppin to the store to pick up some drinks." Brantley said.

"I don't mind. What kind of drinks should I get?" I asked.

"Sodas maybe some of them juice things for the kids."

"You mean Caprisuns?" I asked trying not to laugh.

Brantley chuckled a little, "Yeah those."

I laughed, "Poor boy. You're hopeless."

"Hey now, I ain't a boy." Brantley said matter-of-factly.

"Oh you aren't, then what are ya?" I asked teasingly.

"Darlin, I'm a grown ass man."

"Well mister man, I'll see you in a little bit." I said letting my smile be on full display.

"You're damn right, woman. Drive safe." He said before we ended the call.

"You were flirting." Briar said standing in my doorway.

I looked at him like I was teenage girl getting caught by her father, "No I wasn't."

He folded his arms over his chest and grinned at me, "You like him."

"As a friend, yes." I said sliding my phone in my back pocket.

"Sure aunt Bai. Whatever you say." Briar said with that shit eating grin on his face, "I won't tell on you." He said before making his way down the hallway.

I rolled my eyes, he's ten! What does he know about flirting? Sadly, probably more than he should. I huffed and walked out of my room putting my hair up in a messy bun, "Boys! Are you ready? We got to stop at the store first."

"For what?" Coy asked.

"Drinks for you boys." I said grabbing my keys.

I got Coy loaded up and plugged my phone up to the radio, "What should we listen to?" I asked.

"Can we listen to Brantley?" Briar asked.

"Okay." I nodded going to youtube and handed my phone to Briar, "You're in charge." I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the store.

-

When I pulled up to what I hope is Brantley's house I was seriously impressed. His house is beautiful and so big! I parked by miss Becky's car and got out. I handed some bags to Briar and helped Coy out, "Here bubba, carry this bag." I said handing him the one that had chips in it.

"You made it!" I heard Brantley say. I looked around and saw him coming down the stairs.

Just as I was about to say something a pretty little girl in a pink dress darted out of the house, "Coy!" She yelled.

Coy dropped the bag of chips he was holding and took off running, "Tins!"

Brantley and I watched the two run to each other and fall to the ground in a hug. I looked up at Brantley and he was walking over to them, "Hey, little man. Hands off that's my little girl."