Chapter 16~Cake and Harry Watson

"I can't do that, John." said Sherlock nervously. 

"Of course you can. It's not that hard. She's my next of kin, we just need her permission. You said you wanted this as traditional as possible." muttered John. 

"As traditional as gay men can get."

 "Of course. Now just call her. It's just my sister. She'll probably be drunk anyway."

Sherlock stood up out of his chair and paced around the room. He finally looked at his phone and dialed the number that John gave him. It rang three times before there what a faint: "Who is this?"

"Hello, Harry. This is Sherlock Holmes."

"Sherlock. Who the hell is Sherlock?"

"I uh, I'm John's flatmate."

"My brother?" She exclaimed.

"Yes, your brother John Watson."

"Okay. Why are you calling me. Is something happened to John?"

"No nothing has happened to him. I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up for tea?"

"Why on earth would I want to meet up for tea with someone I've never met before?"

"Because I need to ask you something."

"Why can't you just ask me right now?" She hissed.

"It's not something I'd want to ask you over the phone."

"Well you're going to, because I'm not meeting anyone."

"One moment." Sherlock put his hand over the phone so Harry couldn't hear, and spoke to John. "Should I just ask her now? She refuses to meet me in person."

"Fine. I guess that's allright. I knew she would be stubborn." John sighed.

Sherlock put the phone back up to his ear. "Harry, I was wondering if I could have your permission to marry John Watson?" He held his breath. They would get married anyway of course, but things like this still made him very nervous. 

"You want to marry John? Haha. If only our parents were still alive. They'd get a kick out of this one! Both of their children out of the closet and married! All they wanted in life was straight kids, and now John's marrying a man!" She stopped talking due to a fit of laughter.

Sherlock sighed, and looked at John. He could obviously hear the laughter form across the room, and gripped the bridge of his nose with his fingers. 

After Harry finally stopped laughing, she spoke again. "Yeah, you can marry John. I don't care. You're adults aren't you? You'd do it anyway. What's it to me? Go off and have fun, just don't bother me again. Bye!" And with that, she hung up.

Sherlock looked happily at John. "Well, she said yes!" John smiled and stood up to give Sherlock a hug.  

"That's wonderful, Sherlock. I'm so happy."

John went in for a kiss, and Sherlock happily let him. The short man smiled against The detectives lips, and in turn Sherlock smiled too.

This was going to be a great life. 

-----------------

Wedding planning is never fun.  Who knows why people go into that profession to help people plan it over and over again? John hated it. You had to find the place, send the invitations, get a pastor or someone who was willing and lawfully able to marry them. You had to buy the cake, set a date, get the tuxes. Blah blah blah. Then there was the food, and you were responsible for people who left drunk. And what was it all for? So that you can love somebody and live with them so people don't get mad, and you get the priviledge of doing things like taxes. Fun. 

But somehow Sherlock couldn't wait. He did (and helped John) do all of these things with a smile on his goofy little face. Its like he couldn't get enough. Weddings were his new fix. Forget cases. Forget Lestrade and Molly and dead people. He, the great Sherlock Holmes, got to pick out lavender tablecloths with the love of his life. 

They did this tirelessly for weeks. 

 Now it was down to the wire. They were getting married in one week. All the invitations were out, and so there was no going back, unless of course they wanted to dissapoint everyone, and they weren't going to do that. They still needed to buy the cake and get the food ordered. They would only have to most beautiful and delicious food and cake. 

They were walking down the street passing a few shops here and there. Finally they came to a stop in front of a very fancy bakery. 

"Here it is." Sherlock said.

They walked in. There were cakes on display all around them. Loveley ones. John went ahead of Sherlock and glanced around. Then his eyes fell on the one. 

"Sherlock come here." He said. The detective quickly walked over to where John was standing and looked at the cake. 

"It's beautiful." And it was. It was three tears with blue ribbon wrapped around the base of each one. It was the same shade as Sherlock's usual scarf. Decorated with white icing it had small lillies as accent pieces. And to make it all perfect, it was in their budget. John spoke to the shop worker.

"We'll have this one then."

"So fast? You just barely walked in." He replied.

"Yes, It seems that we've found the perfect one."

"Okay, If you'd just step over here, we'll get your information, and have it ready for you."

John continued talking to the man, getting things set up and ready for the big day, while Sherlock just stared at the cake that he would have. He wouldn't admit it at the time but a smile creeped onto his face, if only for a second.

------------

All of the plans were in place. One week and they would be married. Who would have thought they would get this far? John would have never expected his life to turn out the way it has. Both of the men stood in front of the bakery.

"Are you ready then?" Sherlock said.

"Ready as I'll ever be." John replied.

"See you next week then?"

"See you next week."