Chapter 13~Empty

Sherlock figured that John was 'shot' in the same parking garrage that he found Mycroft in. He got in a cab and headed there. He looked around for clues. For once his mind was clear and he had pushed his feelings aside for now. This was just another case, and one he needed to solve. For John. 

He looked in the bathroom. It had been cleaned, so if there was anything in there, it was gone now. He checked around the garrage. There were a few cars parked here and there, all belonging to the museum staff. He discovered that there were no bloodstains in the entire area, not even small traces that would be left behind if Moriarty or his men were to clean up before they left. This either meant that John wasn't shot here, or he wasn't shot at all. 

Knowing Moriarty, there would be some sort of theme to all this. Parking garages, bathrooms, or museums. Possibly even all three. If he were to contain John, he would need a place gaurenteed to not have any visitors. Period. 

There were several abandoned buildings near this place, but none of them fit the theme. He thought of the most desolate bathroom he could think of. 

"Subway station." He thought out loud. There had been an abandoned subway station that housed a bomb on a case not so long ago. There must have been bathrooms there for sure. Moriarty knew about that case, so it seemed realistic. Plus there was some sort of vehicle involved in it, it was the tube after all. 

He fetched a cab and was on his way. It was somewhat nearby, so it wasn't too long of a drive. He took the long way down, unscrewing bolts that led to the secret passage way that got him to his destination. As he approached he bacame aware of his footsteps, and tried to be as quiet as possible. He glanced around the corner. Nobody was there. Soon he found the enterance to the unused, abandoned bathroom. 

Empty.

This was not the place that Moriarty wanted him to find, and this was the only bathroom. Unisex. Disgusting. Sherlock needed more clues. Bathrooms and museums were not enough. Where could John possibly be?

As if on cue he got a text from Moriarty.

Oh Sherly. You're running out of time. John isn't in very good shape. Maybe you should take a look in the past. -JM

The past? The only places that were important in Sherlock's past was his childhood home, and his sch- HIS CHILDHOOD HOME! It was near a museum and there was an empty shed near there that he thought to be a good place for murders because there was nobody around for miles and the walls were made of cement. Perfect!

Soon he would be on his way to John, and justice. 

His heart was racing as he got in the final cab for the day. He texted Lestrade with the coordinates and for backup just incase he got in a sticky situation. Hopefully he was right about this one. For John. It was all for John.

------------

Lestrade's phone buzzed. He broke apart from Mycroft's lips. 

"Sorry better check that."  He apologized.

"Oh, Greg. Must you tease me like this?"

He read the text with seriousness. "Sorry Mycroft this one is important. You can come along if you want. Your brother's involved."

"Oh, forget about him. He's so boring."

"He's probably on to something with John, and if that's the case then we need to be there asap, because he's already on his way."

"Bugger. Fine lets go then. Let's get this over with. But I call dibs if Moriarty is there. I need that man dead."

"Fine, If Sherlock doesn't get there first."

The walked out of Lestrade's locked office at Scotland yard and started driving towards the direction of Sherlock and Mycroft's childhood home, hoping this wasn't a waste of precious alone time.

~~~~~~

AN: It's spring break, and I'm in the biggest writing mood, so you might see a lot of updates. Yay! And comments give me a lot of motivation. Thank you for all the people that have stuck with my story for so long. I never thought I'd get this far. Thank you! 

-AudreyGibby