Chapter 9

Maddie smiled as she hugged Uncle Kol then Aunt Freya. After revealing herself accidentally to her father she reveled herself to the rest of the family and the vixen Camille. Of course Elijah and Rebekah told everyone they knew because the twins were not good at keeping secrets but for Kol and Freya there were a lot of smiles and tears mostly from Freya.

"So there are two of you?" Camille said almost like a pout.

"Yes and Madeline knows about you and doesn't approve." Maddie said.

"Maddie.." Klaus said.

"Sorry, anyway I talked to Madeline when I was over at Emily's and she said she would bring mom to New Orleans to pick me up and drop off Madeline."

"Wonderful" Camille said faking a smile.

"I have one more thing to say and I know it isn't my place to tell you this but I doubt your baby mama is going to tell you anything so Kol, you have a daughter." Maddie said.

"What?" Kol said.

"Her name is Isabelle Bennett and she's sixteen and very much like you." She said taking out her phone and showing Kol a picture of his daughter with Bonnie.

"Bloody hell" he said.

"Elijah already knows about his daughter since Madeline blackmailed him into silence about us." Maddie said.

"Let me guess Elena Gilbert is the mother " Freya said.

"You guessed correctly" Elijah said.

"Your daughters are stubborn and have both decided to come with Madeline and mom to New Orleans wither their mothers like it or not." Maddie said.

"Sounds like a Mikaelson to me" Rebekah said.

"Enough talk about the twins we should all pack for New Orleans." Camille said before kissing Klaus's cheek then leaving.

Klaus sat before the fire in his room thinking about Caroline. The last time he had seen her was when she told him she couldn't stay with a man who put  power over his family. A few days later they signed divorce papers and split up the twins. Caroline took the oldest baby while Klaus took the youngest child. After that Klaus was determined to change for his daughter and if he was really truthful to himself he wanted to change for Caroline too.

He had been lonely for fifteen years before he met Camille. Camille was a golddigger and he knew it but after fifteen years of loneliness he didn't care. Now things were changing, the love of his life was coming back into his life and making him feel again. He didn't know how to feel about it or wither he was ready for it but there was one thing he was certain of. If he did see her and feelings of love were still there he sure would fight for it. A knock on his door brought him out of his thoughts.

"Come in" he said. The door opened and his beautiful daughter walked in. It was past her bed time so he wondered what she was doing up.

"I couldn't sleep" she said walking over and sitting down on the chair opposite him. "Tell me what made you fall in love with mom."

"I was not a good person when I met you mom and after I met her. I was ruthless, manipulative, power hungry and I was a cold hearted killer. I did what I wanted when I wanted no matter who got hurt in the process." He said. "Your mother was never afraid to speak her mind. She would always tell me off and wouldn't let me bully her. I fell for her even when she hated me. She made me want to be a better person and I made her realize she wanted more then the life she was living."

"Madeline told me you guys got a divorce because you fought a lot." She said.

"We fought more when you guys were born." He said. "I wanted my kids to grow up fierce and be warriors but your mother wasn't having it. It took me till she was gone to realize that I wanted my kids to grow up knowing their father loved them. The man who raised me would beat me and belittle me and that made me grow into a monster. I thought that if the man who raised me didn't love me who would until the nurse put you in my arms. You were so small that I thought I would break you. I swore then and there that I would never let anyone hurt you or your sister. It never occurred to me that I would lose you in the process and I'm sorry for that." Maddie wiped tears from her eyes before standing up and sitting on his lap. She put her arms around his neck and hugged him.

"I love you daddy" she said.

"I love you too sweetheart" he said. She pulled back after a bit and stared at him.

"I won't let anyone hurt you either." She said. Klaus smiled seeing the determined look in his daughters eyes. She was more like him and Madeline was more like her mother.

"Why don't you get some sleep before the flight?" He said.

"I'm not tired" she said standing up. "Can I show you something?"

"Sure if you promise that after you show me you try to get some sleep." He said.

"Deal" she said before using her super speed to leave the room. She was back in a few seconds with a drawing pad that Klaus didn't recognize. She opened it and handed it to him. "I love to paint and draw I have since I was little." Klaus stared at the beautiful portrait of him. She definitely got his skill and keen eye for colors and details. He flipped the page over to see a portrait of Caroline. She looked even more beautiful.

"On the rare occasion mom talked about you she said that you painted like a god." She said as he hand her back the drawing pad.

"She always like to watch me paint." He said before standing and kissing Maddie's forehead. "Off to sleep now darling" He watched the apple of his eye walk out of his room and knew it was going to hurt to let her go.

I hope you guys are liking it. I wanted it to be like the movie but different from it. A little reminder to Vote, Comment, Share and Follow me