Chapter 5

Madeline watched as Isabelle, Emma, Mia and Emily walked into Maddie's cabin. They all found a spot to sit down before looking at her and Maddie.

"So what's the deal?" Mia asked.

"We're twins" Maddie said.

"Thank you captain obvious" Emma said.

"She meant what are you guys going to do about it." Isabelle said.

"Also we have questions for Madeline about your guys uncles." Emma said.

"Why do you want to know about them?" Madeline asked. Isabelle lifted her pillow and grabbed the photo book before opening it and handing it to Madeline. She looked down to she her Uncle Kol with a pretty lady named Bonnie then she saw her other Uncle Elijah with another girl named Elena.

"That's my mom" Isabelle said pointing to Bonnie.

"And that's my mom" Emma said pointing to Elena.

"Elijah and Kol are your fathers?" Madeline asked.

"We believe so" Emma said.

"We just want to know what they are like." Isabelle said.

"Well Elijah is a noble guy and will never let anyone hurt his family. He can be unpredictable, over-protective and stubborn, but also very kind, intelligent, selfless, empathetic, compassionate, and friendly. He strongly believes in trust, honesty and loyalty and whenever he would give his word to someone, he would keep it." She said. Emma smiled at her knowing she was just like her dad.

"What about my dad?" Isabelle said impatiently.  Madeline chuckle knowing she had her father's impatience.

"Well you sure have his temper" She said. 

"Not funny" Isabelle said.

"Sorry, anyway Kol was charming, confident, arrogant and a bit childish but now he's confident, funny, and smart and a little less childish but he still likes to argue with his brothers and get them riled up. He recently likes to be by himself, saying it had to do with his past but would never go into detail about it. When it comes to things in his past or things he loves Kol keeps it to himself." Madeline said.

"Sound a bit like me" Isabelle said. Madeline turned to Maddie before speaking.

"Rebekah, our aunt is witty, stubborn, sarcastic, fierce, loyal and has a wicked temper. She is the one person in the family who is just looking for love and acceptance. She and I are close so you should know that she can always tell when you're lying so be careful." She said. "Now Freya, our other aunt is also stubborn, rebellious, independent, and she is calmer then the rest of the Mikaelson. She's also a witch and the only witch in our family." They spent awhile going over everything about the Mikaelson family including where everything was in the house. Maddie did the same thing and by the time they finished it was dinner time. Madeline, Emily and Mia left Maddie's cabin and went across the cabin to theirs. Madeline was so happy that they lived across from each other and not far away.

"Don't worry about Maddie we will make sure no one knows her true identity." Emily said.

"Thanks guys you're the best." Madeline said.

"We know" Mia said. They laughed as they entered the cabin. Madeline went over to her suitcase and opened it. She took out one of her blood bottles and opened it before taking a big sip of it. She finished her dinner then  looked around to see that Mia and Emily weren't there. They probably went to dinner so she changed into her PJ's before climbing on to the top bunk and fell asleep.

Twenty nine days later

Today was the day that Madeline was going to meet her mother and Maddie, her father and they were both nervous and excited.

"So either Aunt Bonnie or Aunt Elena will pick you, Emma and Isabelle up and don't forget theses." Maddie said handing Madeline her art brief case.

"Thanks, dad should pick you up at the airport and don't forget forget this." She said handing her sister her camera case. They hugged one more time before they got on their buses. Madeline sighed as she sat with Emma and Isabelle.

"Don't worry we got your back." Emma said. Madeline sighed before fiddling with her daylight ring. Since Maddie doesn't need a supernatural ring her excuse was that it was a normal ring that her new friend gave to her.

"Thanks" she said. The bus started to move and she hoped that everything would go smoothly. When they finally made it to the airport they got off and headed in. Counselor James handed us tickets and we headed to board the plane. The plane ride to Mystic Falls, Virgina was full of nerves and excitement but when they step off of the plane and they saw Bonnie and Elena she was calm. Emma and Isabelle hugged their moms before Madeline hugged them.

"Welcome back kiddos" Bonnie said

"Maddie, your mom couldn't make it but she is excited to see you." Elena said.

"I'm excited to see her too." Madeline said.

"Great, let's go" Bonnie said. They left the airport and got into Bonnie's car. They drove to what Madeline remembered as Maddie's house. She smiled as they parked the car and quickly got out of the car. Elena helped her get her bags out of the car before giving her one last hug. Madeline headed inside to see a big banner hanging from the ceiling saying "Welcome Home Maddie"

Madeline smiled and used her super hearing to see if she could hear anyone. When she didn't hear anything she frowned before heading up the stairs to her room. Her mother must still be at work. She opened the door to her new room and walked in. Maddie had a lot of cool paints and drawings and a lot of pictures of her and her friends. She sat her things down and sat down on her bed. She pulled out a picture of Maddie and her that she took a few days before. All of a sudden she heard the front door open. She shoved the picture under her pillow before getting up.

"Maddie are you upstairs?" Her mother said. Madeline smiled and raced out of her room and stopped at the top of the stairs. Her mother was even more beautiful in person. Her mother smiled at her and Madeline smiled back with tears in her eyes. She ran down the stairs and hugged her.

"Why are you crying?" She asked.

"Cause it feels like I haven't seen you in forever." Madeline said. Her mother chuckled before kissing Madeline's forehead.

"Same here kiddo" she said.