Chapter 2

Maddie smiled as she got off the plane in Napa with her group of thirty. She couldn't believe she was here, she always wanted to go somewhere she could become a better artist. Painting was here specialty but she loved all types of art forms like photography, drawing and pottery.

When she heard about this camp on the internet she begged her mother to let her go and after four hours of begging her mother finally said yes. Her friends who were into self portraits and pottery were also excited when she told them that they also begged their moms to let them go.
So here they are on a tour bus in Napa on their way to the month long art camp and they couldn't be happier.

"You guys wouldn't believe what I found in the attic." Emma said pulling out what looked like a photo book from her backpack. She handed it to Maddie who opened it to see pictures of a handsome guy and Emma's mom.

"Who is he?" Maddie asked.

"I think he's my father." Emma said. Maddie eyebrow went up in surprise. She looked below one of the pictures to see the name Elena and Elijah's first date.

"I wonder what happened to him." Maddie said.

"My mom said that it just didn't work out and that he doesn't know about me." Emma said. Maddie stared at the picture of Elena and Elijah for a second before turning the the page. A photo at the bottom caught her gaze.

"Em, who is this with my mom?" Emma looked at the picture before shrugging.

"No clue, check the back maybe there is a name on the back." She said. Maddie carefully took the picture out and turned it over it only had one word. Klaus.

"Is that your dad?" Isabelle said from over Maddie's shoulder.

"You do kinda look like him." Emma said.

"I think he is" Maddie said. She stared at her possible father with hope. She had wanted a father ever since she was ten and watched other little girls dance with their fathers at the father and daughter dance. She had asked her mother about him and she always look so sad when she brought him up. Maddie was a stubborn girl and when she was thirteen she had told her mom she wanted to know what he was like. Her mom told her that he was stubborn like her and that he liked to paint like her and then she told Maddie that she would tell her more when she was older and that was it Maddie hadn't ask about him since then. Of course she was curious but it never seemed like a good time to ask since her mother was busy with being headmistress of The Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted which Maddie attended.

Maddie was a hybrid, half vampire half werewolf. She didn't have a pack and didn't need one. She didn't kill anyone to activate it but rather she turned about three months ago on her birthday. It scared the living crap out of her but her mother talked her through it. The next morning her mother sat her down and told her that she is a hybrid and she was a vampire. After that she told her that her father was a hybrid too but that was it. Maddie had tried to get her to tell her more but her mother just said it didn't work out. Maddie left it alone again. On that same day Maddie found out that Emma is a vampire and Isabelle is a witch/vampire and that brought them closer.

"Guys, that's the guy from my dream." Isabelle pointed to a guy above the picture of Maddie's possible father and her mother. "I think his name is Kol and I think he's my father. Also I think Maddie's possible father and Emma's maybe dad are his brothers."

"If this Klaus guy is my dad that would mean we are related." Maddie said.

"That would be so cool" Isabelle said. They all felt the bus stop and they looked up to see that they were at the art camp.

"I feel like our whole world is going to change." Maddie said as they got off the bus.