◎Applehead Blues◎

There are many facets to life. Two of which are normality and morality. One's morals can determine how they go through life. Most morals are set on certain beliefs.  Most morals are devised of what another being states as normality. I for one see both as a contradiction.

Day's have passed since I found the drawing. I have been searching for the owner of the drawer. But came upon no luck. Lately haven't found time to continue my search because of my promise to help with the welcoming of our University's new Dean.   Life for me is a bit hectic.

My father is still continuing his intoxicated rants. Jermaine decided he has had enough and began packing two day's ago to leave. Which is what I am currently helping him with. "Mike, I always wondered about you", Jermaine stated plopping onto his bed. I raise my left brow. "What's that? ", He chuckles. "I don't understand you, You hang out with this pretty girl all day everyday and I have yet seen you come home saying she's your girlfriend, Why is that?", I let out a long sigh.

I hate when he brings this up. It seems his on question for me. I sit in his desk chair. "Jermaine... ", I breathed. "Michael the girl clearly has a crush on you! You guys have been friend's since diapers for God's sake!", He exclaimed waving his hand's crazily. "I just don't feel that way, How did you even know? ", He sighs. "It's not rocket science, The girl is into you man", I roll my eye's.

"You're 19, and you still act like a teenage boy ", He gruts standing up again. I sigh looking out the window. That's when I spot him. 'brown eye's'. He looks sad. I watch him as he stumbles down the street muttering to himself. Jermaine pokes me in my back. "Were you listening? I said I'm ready to head out", I shake my head and took one last glance outside before helping Jermaine with the rest of his belongings.

As we walked out I spot Joseph sprawled on the couch unconscious. Jermaine huffs and continues out the door. Once all his bags were inside his truck he gave me a hug. "Thanks little brother, And yes I will try to visit often ", He chuckles breaking the hug. I crack a smile..It's hard seeing him leave. Out of all my brothers I'm closet to Jermaine. He just gets me.

"I'll miss you peanutface", I teased. He laughs harder. "See you have jokes applehead! I'll miss you too, Just be careful and take care of Joseph ", I nod. He climbs into his truck. I smile and wave him off as he pulls out and away.  Feeling my heart being taken along with him, I allow a lone tear to fall from my face.

I quickly wipe my face and walked back inside. As soon as I enter, I am smacked on the side of my head. I wince in pain and looked up. There he stood tall, dark, and with a face full of rage. He strikes me again. I wince as this time his meaty hand's come in a terrible collision with the side of my face. I quickly sit up feeling the after affect of the sting.

"First Katherine and now Jermaine! You just take everyone.away from me! Bastard child! I can't be your father!  You're no son of mine! ", He spat. The smell of stale beer still lingered among him. I held back tears as he continued with his razor tongue. "I should have let her abort you!", He snarled. I looked at him in utter confusion. I don't understand where his anger came from.

I noticed that I'm the only one in the house therefore I have to suffer from his raft. Meaning I shouldn't take his word's to heart. My best bet; getting out. I slowly stand up and wait till he turns around before taking off. I ran and ran not knowing where I wanted to go. I just knew anything was better then home. I find a nice quiet place in our local park. I walk to it. Luckily it had a tree I could climb.

I slowly and carefully climb the tree. The view was amazing. In front you would see the beautiful lake. Being outside keeps me at ease. Nature in general. Then a recap of earlier emerges in my mind. I couldn't hold back the tears this time. With each tear, my face stung more from the blow my father gave me. As I sobbed I heard my name in the distance.  I turn to see who it was.

It was 'brown eye's'. I quickly wipe my face. He has his hand over his eye's.  When he spots me his concern is clearly visible. "Mich-Michael right? ", He asked softly. I nodded. "A-Are you ok?", "When your world is crashing do you stand and watch or do you make a change? ", I choked out. He smiles. "I think only you can answer that, I'm no psychiatrist", I crack a smile.

"How did you kn-", "I come here when I'm down too", I nod. "Oh", He looks down. There was awkward silence between us. I decide to break it. "What's your name?", He looks up. Is he blushing?, "Aiden", I nod. "Cool I'm Michael", His face turns tomato red. "I know", I chuckle. "Well I have to return home, I'm already in trouble ", His smile fades. "Oh ok, nice talking to you, See you at the ceremony tomorrow ", I climb down. "Yeah, Well bye have a nice evening! ", I said wiping my hand's. He waves. I turn and jog off...

To Be Continued....