Dancing In The Dark

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Stacy and I walked in we saw everyone was already at their designated fitness stations.I strode to the jumping rope section while Stacy headed to the basketball section.While Stacy enjoyed playing sports I detested it.The P.E teachers never paid attention to the people jumping rope. I mean seriously who jumps rope anymore?Most of the cheerleaders who didn't want to get their hair messed up came to this section. I strode to the back of gym and sat down wishing I had brought my iPod Touch with me so I could've at least listened to some music while I sat.I looked around and saw Stacy kicking ass in the basketball court. Damn! That girl could play. I smiled at my best friend and then that's when I saw him. Nick Jamison.He was passing the ball back to Stacy. How had I never notice I had P.E with him? I thought. I didn't particularly pay attention to who was in any of my classes because I didn't care.

I saw he passed the ball under him to Stacy and when then she had it. She shot the ball from over five feet away from the court and made it.That was amazing! I thought and before I could stop myself I stood up and yelled,"Wohoo Go Stacy!"

Stacy looked over and grinned. I looked over at Nick and saw he was already back in the game playing. I decided to walk over to the Pull up section to watch Stacy play.When I reached it Mrs.Fuller, one of the P.E teachers shot me a surprised look. Maybe she was surprised I was actually somewhere else besides the Jump rope section. Like I said I never was one for P.E

I started doing a pull up while looking at Stacy play. She had the ball in her hand again and it seemed like her and Nick where on a team against some other girl and Derek Jackson. I really didn't expect to see him again.Not after what happened at the party,but of course I was going to see him he was in my P.E class for god sakes! I half hid behind the girl in front of me.Though it was useless since I was so much taller.While I ranged at 5'5 she was about 5'0. Stacy passed the ball to Nick.He threw it standing in the middle of the court and made it.I caught myself gaping at him and then I had a huge grin on my face.

After that the bell rang signaling us to go changed.Stacy high-fived Nick right before walking to me.I saw Derek walking our way and quickly ducked behind Stacy. She raised a thin eyebrow at me ,but didn't say anything.When he passed by I stood back up.

"What was that about?" She asked. I sighed I really didn't want to tell Stacy I knew she would blame it on me drinking.Yet she was my best friend and we told each other everything.

"IalmostsleptwithderekatCalebspartylastweek." I said too fast for her to comprehend.

"Come again." she said looking lost. I took in a deep breath.

"I almost slept with Derek at Caleb's party last week." I said waiting for her reaction.She blinked.

"You know he has a girlfriend." She said and I nodded.

"I know, I know. At the time I didn't know it was him 'til we got interrupted right before.." I let my voice trail off. Her faced filled with understanding. The that's when I knew the lecture was on its way.

"See what all this partying does?It gets you so drunk you can't even recognize who you're going to-"

"Okay okay you can stop there Dr.Phil." I said walking into the locker rooms. Stacy rolled her eyes.

"You know I'm right." She said as she passed by to go to her personalized locker.

"Yeah doesn't mean I have to admit it." I muttered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After school Stacy asked me if I wanted to come over and study at her house. I know I shouldn't have lied to her since we didn't have secrets, at least not that many, but I didn't want to see her disapproval over my going out.When I got home I went straight to my room and began getting ready to go out. I take a pretty long time to get ready and I wanted to be down by 7:00pm before it got too crowded.I decided to wear a tight black shirt that reached two inches above my knees,a denim jacket over a light shirt,and my favorite pink chucks. I left my dyed red hair straight and add some make-up to make my green eyes pop.

Once I descended down the stairs I looked for signs of my parents.When the coast was clear I headed for the front door and called Chris;he was my temporary ride for parties and clubs until he left to California to go to college. Chris was tall,broad shoulder with dark black hair and electric blue eyes. In other words gorgeous.Though we never dated that didn't stop us from occasionally making-out when we had no one else.

When we arrived I saw there was already a short line at the front doors. I checked to make sure I had my fake I.D. Chris led me to the front doors and got us in. I didn't even have to use my fake I.D.Once we step the club the pounding of the music hit me.It was like a reflex I had that I couldn't stop my self from already swaying to the music.Chris grinned when he saw me heading to the dance floor.

"You just can't help yourself can you?" He asked.I shook my head.

"You know you love it though." I said smiling brightly.He threw back his head in laughter.

"That I do." and with that we began dancing to the music.

After ten minutes I got thirsty and Chris and I went to get drinks.On my way to the bar I saw someone sitting alone on the corner of a booth close to the bar.Loner I thought. Probably some miserable soul.And in fact he did look miserable.At closer examination I saw it was Nick.What was Nick doing here?I thought.This place didn't look like somewhere he would want to go to and on a school night at that.Just then I saw an older guy who looked a lot like Nick shout.

"Ayo Nick! Come over here bro I found us some girls to dance with!" Nick looked over and seemed to be having some silent conversation with the guy,who I was assuming was his older brother.In the end his brother sighed and went off with the two girls in hand..I looked over at Nick and furrowed my eyebrows.He looked pretty upset,but if so why was here out of all places.I wanted to go over and ask when Chris brushed my elbow.

"Here got us some shots." He said in my ear.I looked over and saw him holding two.In the midst of watching Nick I had forgotten about Chris and the drinks.I reminded myself that Nick didn't like me and it wouldn't do any good to ask him about something he would most definitely not discuss with me.I grabbed the shot and shuddered from the taste.

"Let's go dance." I said already getting in the party mood.My nerves were slowly leaving my body and excitement took its place.