The Future Lecture

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

~*~*~

Stacey dropped me off at my house.I knew I was dead.My parents weren't big fans of all the parties I attended,but I was almost eighteen so I didn't really listen to what they said.I didn't understand how they couldn't see I was only living up my youthful years.I mean I was young it was natural for me to want to live it up.Right?

I walked up to the picket fence.Our house was the nicest on the block.My parents where pretty proud of it.I personally didn't see the big deal.I reached the door and prayed they were in a good mood.I searched my pocket for my keys and couldn't find them.I must have dropped them yesterday.I huffed.I cautiously knocked on my front door.I waited and then I heard the door being unlocked.I prayed it was my dad because if it was my mom she would freak out even more because of the state I was in.Luckily and unluckily it was my dad.Unluckily because he wasn't much happier with my present state.

"Rosalie,where have you have you been? and what happened to you?" He looked more concern then mad so I relaxed my stiff posture.

"Dad relax.It's not as bad as it looks."I said in a calm tone.Okay so it was as bad and I felt gross at the moment but I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Your mom is in the living room very upset." He said in a tone that told me 'upset' was code for 'mad'.I sighed better face the wrath of momzilla.I nodded to show understanding.

Before I got to the living room I combed my hair with my fingers in front of the hallway mirror.I came into the living room and saw the back of my moms head facing the T.V.

"Hey mom sorry I'm late but-" she cut me off with her hand.She was still facing the T.V

"Save it Rosalie." She finally turned around." I learned I can't stop you from going out with your friends or from from dying your hair how you feel because you're almost an adult,but that doesn't excuse you from coming home at one in the afternoon."I stayed silent letting her finish one of her many lectures all while thinking of Tyler's Pre-graduation Party.I was sure to have a fun time there.

"As of right now you're still a minor and therefore have to do what we ask of you,which isn't much.We let you go out at parties,but that means you have to give us something in return." She said.Wait,hold up rewind that? Me give them something?

"I've notice that your grades aren't that high-" I cut her off before she could finish.If this was about raising my grades she might as well stop.

"Look mom,I can't do anything about my grades-"

"Yes you can! You just won't try Rosalie." My mom said.

"I'm not going to have this discussion again." I said getting annoyed. "I already told you-"

"Rosalie how do you expect to get a job if you don't even work hard in school?" My dad asked suddenly.Okay so I hadn't thought that far but it's not like I couldn't get a job somewhere.

"I haven't planned that far." I admitted.They shared meaningful looks and looked back at me.

"Look I'll think about it when I get there." I said getting tired and the hangover wasn't helping.

"That's just it Rosalie,you are here! It's your Senior year and yet you have no idea what your going to do with your future!" My dad bellowed.Oh snap,my dad only raised his voice when he was either really frustrated or mad.By the look of it he was both because he ran a hand threw his short brown hair.His green eyes,like mine, were wary.He looked older than he was at the moment.

"Rosalie,we just want what's best for you." my dad said tiredly.I didn't know how to respond to that seeing my dad this tired and frustrated was hard.I'd always known him to be very young,he was younger then most of my friend's parents but right about now he looked the same.My mom kept silent.