16 | The Kid's In Love With You

"He was afraid of nothing. Until he'd met me."
JAMIE MCGUIRE, BEAUTIFUL DISASTER

WE FIND LOVE; DANIEL CAESAR

XVI. The Kid's In Love With You

______________________________

"Could you repeat what you said on the phone, Scott? I couldn't hear over Stiles' constant, 'DUDE GET OUT OF HERE's'," I asked Scott as he made his way inside our beloved Claudia, buckling his seatbelt and directing Stiles to the location.

"My mom's on a date with the Alpha----," Scott starts and I cut him off before he can finish.

"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids! My Babysitter's A Vampire!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, startling Stiles who flinched at the sound of my voice. "Sorry but that sounds like the name of a movie."

Scott turned around to glare at me, "My mom's on a date with a supernatural creature, Spence, why can't you take anything seriously?"

I held my hands up in defense, "For your information McCall, I take all this supernatural business extremely serious, I freak out in my mind ninety percent of the time! But I believe it's my job to add humor in situations such as these."

It's true. Half the time I have to remind myself that this is actually real. Scott's eyes glow and someone sunk their teeth into his side to change his DNA, and right now, that certain someone is giving roses to his mama.

Scott shook his head, "No, that's Stiles' job, he's way funnier."

"Well you stopped freaking out real quick just to bicker with me, my job is also to relax you, sis," I quipped, patting him on the head.

"Which way Scott?" Stiles asked as he reached an intersection and turned left as soon as his best friend pointed.

My eyebrows perked up in remembrance, "Speaking of you, Stiles, you gotta tell me and Scott what you learned after getting your dad white girl wasted."

"What?" Scott questioned, pointing left again.

Stiles cleared his throat as he stopped at a traffic light, "After dinner, my dad brought out all these files, and I swear I tried to mind my business, I did. But, I failed and asked him if I could help him with anything and he told me to pour him an ounce of liquor... but I filled up the whole glass and watched him down it all."

"There's a special place for you in hell," Scott sucked his teeth and directed Stiles to keep straight.

"I know."

"So, what'd you find out?" I said, putting the derailed conversation back on track.

"You know how all these random murders have been happening around town? And how Scott thought he killed the bus driver? Well, turns out none of that is random. The bus driver used to be the insurance collector for the Hale house after it was burned down, but he was arrested for suspicion of fraud. And the two guys that the police found burned to practical ashes in the woods? They both have multiple priors, arson being one of them. Are you guys starting to catch on here?"

Scott and I nodded as the werewolf asked, "Okay, okay, but what about---"

"The video store clerk? Yeah, he's an ex-con who also has a history of arson," Stiles said with finality.

I licked my lips hastily, "The Hale house burned down, and everyone inside perished besides Peter Hale, the alpha. What does all this mean then? Is it some kind of revenge?"

Scott gulped loudly, "When Derek and Peter came to the locker room after the game Peter told me that he wanted my help killing all the responsible people, so by responsible did he mean everyone involved in the Hale fire?"