15 | Secrets & Lies

"My condolences to anyone who has ever lost me, and to anyone who got lost in me or to anyone who ever felt they took a loss with me, my apologies for the misunderstanding or the lack thereof. I'm sorry you missed the God in me and I'm sorry you missed the light, I'm sorry you forgot the way I arose like the moon night after night with the burden to forgive, eager to feed you everything."
--- KEHLANI, SWEETSEXYSAVAGE INTRO

DANIEL CAESAR; BLESSED

XV. SECRETS & LIES

___________________________________

I rose a fist and connected it with the Stilinskis' door twice and then pressed the doorbell.

Soon enough, the piece of wood gave way and revealed the Sheriff, "Spence! What a nice surprise I haven't seen you around lately! What's been going on?" He smiled whilst making small talk, stepping back to invite me inside.

I watched as he shut and locked the door, leading me into the kitchen, "A lot actually. School, lacrosse, swim."

His eyebrows rose in interest as he continued to whip eggs in a glass bowl, "Oh, you swim?"

"Not at meets or anything, my dad just likes when I condition with them at practices, you cook?" I laughed, every time I come over he'd order takeout.

"I'm the best omelet maker in the Hills, just ask Stiles. Who, by the way, is still sleeping I'm pretty sure, I could wake him up for you," He offered, pouring the eggs and a bowl of chopped ingredients onto a frying pan.

I shook my head, "No no no, I'm here early, the school doesn't start till an hour and a half from now."

"I noticed that," he smirked, "Any particular reason you're here so early?"

I shrugged and took a seat on one of the bar stools as I rested my hands on the granite island, "Stiles and I, we-- I, I just really want to talk to him, I don't know. Why are you up so early?"

"Comes with the job," he quipped, plucking his sunglasses from his jacket pocket and smoothly placing them on his eyes

I failed to suppress my hysterical laughter, "Wow, that was so smooth, I love it."

"Yeah?"

I nodded, "Y-yeah keep 'em on you look very cool."

"The word is hip, Spence. I'm very hip," Sheriff corrected me, keeping his glasses on as he took the omelet off the pan and separated it into 3 plates. "Try the masterpiece."

"Yessir," I took the fork from the palm of his hand, using the side to separate a piece of the egg concoction and hastily placed it into my mouth.

Woah.

"Well?"

It was so gross, but his poor, genuine soul is so excited.