13 | Curiosity Killed The Cat

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission."
― MAHATMA GHANDI

JHENE AIKO ; THE PRESSURE

XIII. CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT

STILES' POV

As much as I currently loathed Scott right now, I loved him more

Despite everything he said and the fact that I went looking for him all over town after he miraculously escaped the handcuffs I restrained him with, I was inside and delivering a not-so-dead Derek's car to a not-so-dead Derek.

I'm convinced the guy's immortal.

Scott told me that when he escaped he went to Allison. For some reason she was inside Jackson's car talking about only God knows what. Just as Scott was about to not only kill Jackson but expose his secret to Allison, Derek came out of nowhere to stop him. The thing is, that's not even the best part.

According to the said werewolf there's a potential cure for Scott. He has to kill the one who bit him and Derek is more than willing to jump on that murder train, only if Scott helps him locate the alpha first.

So, here we are, inside Derek Hale's Camero getting chased by whomever it is that drives a tinted window car and wants to kill him today.

"Faster?" Scott asked, his shoulder's hunched up as he held onto the steering wheel.

"Much faster!" I yelled, both of my palms pressed against where the passenger side airbag was located inside. "Come on, Scott, step on the gas! I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase!"

"If I go any faster I'm gonna kill us!"

"Yeah, well if you don't go any faster, they're gonna kill us! I knew that after you told me that you were okay with a resurrected Derek, I should've went home! I should've went home! But no, I let you pick me up from your house and demote me to criminal activity!"

Scott rolled his eyes, swerving into a different lane. "Stiles, you're always demoting me to criminal activity, and you're dad's a freaking cop!"

"Don't try to put anything on me, I'm already pissed off at you!"

"Why are we yelling?" Scott said, quickly looking to me and then to the rear view mirrors.

I shrugged. "I don't know!"

"I told Derek to lay low, that I'd bring his car to his house. But, somehow the police caught up to him and so did whoever the hell is behind us." He swallowed dryly, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

I turned over to look at the back mirror of Derek's car, only to find that whoever was tailing us was gone now. "They're gone," I said, looking to Scott. He slowed down, going from an 90 mph to a 45. "What do you mean they're gone?"