9 | Daddy Issues

"To douchebags! And to girls that break your heart. And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her."
― JAMIE McGUIRE, BEAUTIFUL DISASTER

JHENE AIKO ; COMFORT INN ENDING

IX. DADDY ISSUES

"Did you forget my curly fires?" Sheriff Stilinksi asked his son, his mouth full with the burger in his hand.

I was currently in the back seat of Stiles' dad's squad car for a reason that was anything but interesting. When Stiles and I were done cleaning up the remains of Derek and I's vomit, he had brought me back to his house to get my car and on our way inside we ran into his dad, who then offered to buy us food. I'm guessing it was due to the fact that he heard the way I was whining to his son about how hungry I was.

So now I was here, stuffing my face with oily food, and my car was still in the safety of the Stilinski residence.

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially not the curly ones." Stiles corrected, digging through the paper bag in his lap.

"Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon, if I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries." The Sheriff challenged, as I payed no attention to them, continuing to stuff my face.

Stiles scoffed. "If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes you any more legitimate, you are wrong."

"So, Spencer." The Sheriff stated, ignoring his son's previous comment.

After swallowing fries, I replied. "Sheriff?"

"Was that your car in our driveway late this morning?" He smiled, giving me a glance through the rear view mirror.

Why was he smiling?

"Y-yes, Sir, something happened at home and I needed somewhere to go, I would've asked Allison, but her mom scares the shit out of me." I stuttered, nervous and panicked for a reason I didn't quite understand at the moment.

He laughed softly, sending me a sympathetic smile. "Is everything okay now?"

I quickly nodded. "Yeah, amazing." I lied. "It was no big deal, I just um, I needed to breathe."

"So did you two..." The Sheriff began and drawled on with cautious eyes.

"I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH YOUR SON! I SLEPT ON THE FLOOR I PROMISE!" I belted immediately after I realized what he was insinuating, my eyes are bulging with embarrassment.

"OH MY GOD, DAD!" Stiles groaned, throwing his head back and allowing his greasy paper bag to fall against his chest.

Sheriff Stilinski sighed. "I'm happy to hear that."

The two Stilinski males spoke with their eyes for a quick moment, Stiles taking a sip of his drink in annoyance until he heard a noise coming from the Sheriff's walkie talkie.

"Unit 1 do you copy?"

Mr. Stilinski immediately slaps his son away from the device, picking it up to speak into it. Stiles glances at me through the rear view mirror, handing me more fries.