Chapter 5

The Adventures of Princess Annie - Chapter 5

When Annie woke up the next day, she was happy. This time she didn't need to be in her room until sunrise since Sir George also woke up very early. She changed quickly and ran downstairs, eager to see what her new mentor would teach her.

He found him staring at the sky, the moon and stars still present. Two guards could be seen, but she only focused her sight on her mentor. He looked wise and intimidating. The moonlight made him look more powerful and he stood there shining like a magical creature.

- It's not polite to stare, Princess.

- I'm sorry, sir.

- Don't worry about it. Come closer.

She walked towards him until they were standing next to each other.

- Look at the sky, what do you see?

- The moon and the stars.

- Have you learned about the constellations? Do you know how to find your way using the stars as your guide?

- Not yet sir. I wanted to ask my dad to allow me to study with sailors and explorers...

- Ah, right. I remember your proposal for your new schedule. I will talk to the King, it will be very good for you to learn from them. However, since I'm here, let me teach you about the night sky.

They sat down, and Sir George started his lesson about the stars. Annie listened carefully, committing to memory every single word. She was fascinated by the subject. When the sun started its ascension to the sky, they stopped. Sir George asked Annie some questions, nodding his head after every correct answer.

- Good Annie. Now go to your brother and I'll see you in a couple of hours at the breakfast table.

Annie smiled, made a small curtsy and ran away.

She loved her trainings with James. When she arrived, she saw nobody was there yet, so she threw herself in her brother's arms, and laughed when he held her above his head. After their playful interaction, she started stretching while telling James about her first lesson. Prince James listened and smiled, happy to see his sister so joyful. The training sessions were always rough, so at the end of it, Annie took a soothing hot bath to relax her muscles.

She then prepared herself for breakfast as fast as she could. When she arrived at the table, only Sir George was there.

- How was your training, Annie?

- It was great. I feel invigorated.

- Wonderful.

She sat down and moments later the rest of the royal family arrived. During breakfast, they talked about lots of subjects, but not about Annie's lessons. That subject was only brought up when they were away from prying ears.

After breakfast, Sir George took Annie to the forest. He told her about Mother Nature and that they had to be her loyal servants. He warned her about the dangers of their gifts and made sure she understood their importance. He also told her that each gift could be used for good or bad and it was up to her to decide what kind of person she wanted to be and how she would use her gifts.

After his speech, they sat down under a tree and started meditating. He taught her how to focus, how to relax her muscles, how to find inner piece and specially, how to feel the connection with Nature. 

- Annie, slowly open your eyes, but remember to keep your inner peace.

Annie did as she was told, and had to work hard to keep her peace because she suddenly saw she had been levitating. Sir George was levitating too, but he seemed used to it.