1 - Found

Tick tock. Time seemed to be passing slowly, and the sound of nature was louder. A bird calling in the distance; trees blowing in the wind; crickets chirping in the long grass of the fields which stretched over the horizon on either side of the road. The dewy morning air was refreshing, and the rising sun provided enough warmth to wear a short-sleeved t-shirt. 

Zack stood rigid on the pavement, looking left and right at the road that stretched off in both directions. His bright red case sat behind him on the doorstep, glaring cheerfully at him, and his few personal possessions he had kept after his fathers death were in a rucksack on his shoulders. His father had died two weeks ago, in a tragic car accident, a truck skidding on ice and crushing the tiny Mini. After a month in a coma in intensive care at the local hospital the doctors saw no way of him recovering and decided to pull the plug. He was taken off life support and died 'quickly, with no pain', as the high-brow doctors, with their smooth, reasoning voices, had said. The funeral was held in the church at the tiny hamlet he lived in, then a group of close friends and family had carried his coffin to the graveyard in the nearby town. Since then he had been staying at his girlfriends house.  Now he had been told he was to move in with his biological mother in New England, Massachusetts. All his life he had lived in England, or so he had believed, so the move to America was a big thing. His father had never told him anything about his mother, and had never married, so Zack had never known a mother figure in his life. He had no memory of this stranger - Mary-Ann was her name - but social services assured him she was his mother. Only hours after the death had been reported social services had found her, as if she had almost wanted to be found. 

His ride was 10 minutes late already, and he couldn't bear to wait another minute alone, so he sent a text on his dinosaur of a phone and waited. Almost immediately a tall, slightly plump, blonde haired, blue-eyed girl ran around the corner and hugged Zack tight. She wasn't unpretty exactly, she was just extraordinarily average - and blissfully unaware of it. She pushed him down onto the steps and sat on his lap. Before he could say hello she was kissing him on the lips and pulling his hands to her waist. They stayed like this for a few seconds before Zack pulled away.

"Hey Babe," He said quickly. She giggled and flipped her hair out of her face.

"Hi Zack!" She spoke with a high pitched, whiny voice, which she reserved for Zack alone. Again she kissed his cheek. "I got here quick, huh?"

"Yeah! And thank God! I was starting to get lonely!" Zack tickled her and they both giggled.

"Well I cant leave my Zacky sat on the pavement all alone can I?" She asked in a teasing voice. "So I'm still coming to visit at the end the summer term right?"

"Firstly, its 'semester', and secondly, you'd better! I don't know how long I can put up with those americans." He looked at her with serious eyes. Milly rose her hand so it was next to her ear in salute formation. 

"I, Camille Julietta Garcia, PROMISE to save you, Zachary Martin Foster, from what you deem living hell but is really the best life ever at the end of your summer samosa - semester! - and bring you home. Latina's honour." As much as they tried to keep a straight face they couldn't help bursting out laughing.  

"Oh, by the way, my new surname is Marshall. My dad unofficially renamed me." Milly looked shocked and as she was about to speak a white stretch limo appeared from nowhere. A tall man got out and picked up Zack's bags. He put them in the boot of the limo and opened a door for him. "Looks like my rides here." Zack said and kissed Milly on the cheek. Jumping into the limo he shut his own door and waved out of the tinted windows. She was looking down at her phone as they drove off down the road. He received a text a few minutes later from 'BABE'. It read:

-HIYYA BABE! JUST WANTED 2 SAY HOW MUCH I MISS U ALREADY! AND JUST REMEMBER WE'VE GOT THT MOB PLAN SO WE CAN TXT EACH OTHER FREE WHEREVER WE ARE SO PLZ TXT ME AS MUCH AS U CAN :) X X X X X X-