Chapter 4

Hope you guys like so far.

"SPENCER!!!!!!" Detective Lassiter screamed in the police station. "I leave you with my niece for a couple of hours and you managed to get her kidnapped. I knew this would happen. I knew this would HAPPEN!"

"Control yourself Carrolton!" chief Vick called back to Lassiter. "It was an accident."

"It was an accident? oh, tell me this chief, whe-"

"Lassiter!" chief Vick ordered. "we will find them." Lassiter calmed down just as Detective O'Hara and Gus came rushing to the two.

"Ok, here's what I got. Witnesses say they heard a gunshot around 9:15 then another shot was fired around 9:20. When we searched the area, there was a dead body wiped up on shore with a single bullet hole in his head."

"That must be the first shot. The man fired at the guy and then must have saw Shawn and Isabel and got them too." Lassiter evaluated.

"Right."

"Who was the man that was shot?"

"Vicim is named Charlie-" Juliet stopped. Her eyes wide. She covered her mouth in shock. She looked at Lassiter. "oh Carlton I'm so sorry."

"Who is it O'Hara?!?" he screamed.

"Charlie Lassiter." She finally said.

Lassiter's face looked horrified. He stumbled back onto a chair and sat down.

"Oh Carleton." Juliet touched his arm. Now he was extremely upset because his brother was dead and his niece was missing.

"Probably owed him some money." Lassiter said looking at the ground. There was a pause before he looked up with an angry face. "Ok, so how do we find the killer?" Gus pulled out his camera and revealed the picture. It was fuzzy, but would have to do. It was practically the only chance they had of finding them. Juliet grabbed the camera and ran to he computer saying along the way.

"This guy looks familiar. Hold on." She pulled up a file on a man that looked exactly like the man in the picture. "His name is Kenneth Simmins. A highly known criminal for theft, robbery, murder, the list goes on.

"Alright. We got a lead. Let's move people!" Chief Vick spoke up and ordered. Now, they were getting somewhere.