Chapter 6

Sitting still, Isabel waited. she waited and waited. But no one came. It was her and Shawn. Hungry, they begged for snack, but was not given any. Now she sat tired in the metal chair. Shawn was sleeping when the man walked in. It awoke Shawn. He walked straight to Isabel and grabbed her throat.

"Ok pretty girl. Where is the money?" he spat with his deep voice. "I'm tired of waiting."

"I- I have no idea what you're talking about." She managed to choke out.

"Yeah right. Your father owed me some money and I want it now. Yeah. I found out that you're Charlie's daughter. He owed me some money, so i killed him." He said again."What a coincidence, you were right there watching." Isabel made a sort of gasp sound at her father's death. A tear streamed down both cheeks. She said nothing so the man squeezed on her neck harder. "well....where's my money" he waited. Isabel's throat was being squeezed too tight for her to say anything. She was slipping into darkness right before Shawn cut in.

"Hey!!" he yelled distracting the man.

"Can I help you?" he said looking over. He released the grasp on Isabel's throat and walked over to him. Isabel let her lungs fill with air. Shawn gulped and looked at him through the eyes.

"Don't. Hurt. Her." He repeated once more. This made the man really angry. He looked back at panting Isabel.

"Oh really?!" he said taking out his knife. He sped to Isabel's side and grabbed her arm. Taking his knife he sliced her right arm making a deep cut in it. She screamed in pain. The man laughed and walked out with a bloody knife. Shawn looked at Isabel then the cut. Sitting next to her, it was easy to examine the cut. Isabel sat panting and crying from now immense pain in her head, arm, and heart. She just realized her father was killed infront of her.

shawn wiggled and squirmed behind is back. Isabel looked up to see that Shawn had untied himself from the ducktape holding his hands together. He managed to get the rest of the tape off and sat up from the chair. He knelt down to Isabel and examined the cut closer. Silence filled the room.

"ok. It's pretty deep." He said. "But you'll be fine. Does it hurt?" He asksed smiling.

"Does it look like it hurts?" Isabel smiled back. Shawn then reached down to the bottom of his green shirt and ripped off a peice. He carefully took her arm and wrapped the peice of cloth around the wound. She winced and looked back at Shawn who had tied off the end of cloth. Isabel's face was red with tears.

"Thank you." She whispered. Her voice raspy.

"Your welcome." He replied. Shawn bent down and took his swiss knife out. Carefully he cut the duck tape on Isabel's arms and freed her of the chair. They both stood up and looked around.

Suddenly Shawn fell back in agony. Isabel rushed to his side. holding him back from falling.

"What's wrong?!"

"My bullet hole." He replied wincing. He stood back up and leaned on Isabel for support.

"Can you walk?" Shawn nodded an they looked around the room again. They had to find a way to escape. There was a window barely letting in light. The rest was old walls and one door. they couldnt risk going through the door. An idea came to Shawn.

He reached for his shoe and threw it at the fragile window. It shattered and made a loud sound. Hobbling to the window the leaned out the edge. Sharp shards of glass cut their hands as they jumped out the window onto the soft grass. It took them a while to get up, but they did. The warehouse is surrounded by trees. A little was up was a road where the could get help.

Limping a long they ran from the murderer. He had now found out that they had escaped and was chasing after them gun in hand.

"Just keep going." Said Isabel. She was supporting Shawn as he tried his best to keep going. Blood spilled from them and left a trail in the grass.

Finally, Shawn could not take it anymore. He collapsed to the ground and shriveled up in pain. He lay on the grass about to cry.

"Come on, Shawn!" Isabel tried to help him up but it was no use.

"Just go without me!" he said gestured with one hand to keep going.

"I can't leave you here!" she screamed back. The man was almost caught up them. He pulled his gun out and fired. It missed them and he tried again. The man got closer and aimed his gun at them. Isabel knelt down to Shawn and laid on top of him.

"Goodbye Shawn." She embraced him as the man pulled the trigger.

"SBPD!" Lassiter shouted. "Drop your weapon, NOW! Put your hands where I can see 'em." But it was too late. The gun was already fired.