Chapter 3

ok. sorry but these chapters are going to be short. Deal with it.

Isabel looked around the Psych office. The green walls and chairs aournd the room. It was slightly messy but she could deal with it.

"Like it?" Gus said, asking while he sat in his usual seat with his laptop running.

"Its neat." she replied eyeing the basket ball hoop on the wall.

"you bettcha!" Shawn said making one of his flirty faces with the half smile. Isabel sat down on one of the green couches. "So what do you want to do first." He said again Gus at his side.

"Hmmmm.." Isabel thought. "Dinner?"

"PIZZA!!!!!" Shawn and Gus said simultaniously looking at eachother. Gus ran to the phone while Shawn pulled out his wallet.

"Im stuffed!" Gus said as he sat down next to Isabel on the couch. It was currently 9:05 pm and it was pretty dark outside.

"Now what?" Isabel said looking at Shawn then Gus.

"Well, I am going for a stroll. Anyone want to join me?" Shawn said in a British accent. He headed for the door.

"I'll come!" Isabel sat up and raced after Shawn.

They walked together down the sidewalk. Shawn fixed his black jacket as Isabel looked ahead. She had on a purple sweatshirt, and under that was a T-shirt and some jeans. Shawn also had on jeans with his normal shirts. The smell of night whisked through the air. Small seagulls can be heard in the distance. No one was outside. It was just Isabel and Shawn.

Shawn looked down at Isabel.

"So, where is your dad?"

"He is at another city, for work." She replied looking froward.

"And where's your mom?"

"She's back at home." Isabel looked back at Shawn who smiled. He then pointed to the boardwalk.

"Want to walk up here?"

"Sure. " She replied. They could smell the sea water and hear it rising and falling, lapping the water the boards creaked as the two of them walked along the boardwalk. It was dark, but few street lamps were lit. Shawn stopped and turned to the edge of the boardwalk and peered into the water, leaning his elbow onto the railing. Isabel copied his movement and looked at the beach.

Turning to look down the edge of the boardwalk, Shawn could faintly see the figure of a man. He ignored the man. Looking back at the water he thought to himself. Suddenly he heard the board creak and looked back at the man to see that he was pointing a gun to another man.

Shawn grabbed Isabel's arm and pulled her beside her and kneeled down to her level. He kept his eye on the man.

"Ok, Isabel. You see that man down there?" He whispered next to her.

Isabel gasped. "He has a gun!" she whispered back shakily.

"If we run, he will see us and we will be shot at." He continued. Isabel's heart pounded with fear. Shawn continued.

"We need to just walk away slowl-" he was cut off by the sound of a gunshot.

Gus P.O.V.

A gunshot echoed through the city which startled Gus and made him jump from his seat at the desk. Suddenly he remembered Isabel and Shawn out there. He scrambled to the window and peaked open the blinds. He could barely see anything because it was dark. As Gus's eyes adjusted, he could make out two people, one short one tall standing at the side of the boardwalk. They began to back up. Gus guessed it was Shawn and Isabel. Suddenly another man came out of no where and pointed the gun at them.

Gus reached for his phone on the table and dialed Juliet's number. It rang three times before she answered.

"Hello?"

"Juliet! it's me, Gus! I just heard a gunshot. Shawn and Isabel are outside." He said talking really fast.

"Wait wait, what happened? where are you?"

"I'm at the Psych office. Shawn and Isabel went for a walk and there was a gunshot outside!" Gus said a little slower.

"Ok, is anyone hurt?"

"I don't know. Wait. I see them better now. They look fine to me. Wait. The man with the gun has them. He is.... taking them to his car. Now they turned around. Oh no, Shawn no-"

A gunshot echoed once again.

"What happened Guster?"

"Shawn was just shot! Oh no. Oh no!"

"Oh my god. Ok. Stay in there Gus. Don't leave the office! we are coming this way."

"Wait. Isabel. She tried to run, but she was knocked in the head with a pistol. They both are unconscious. Oh my god. Not again. Oh my god. They are both gonna die!"

"Gus stay calm. Do you have a picture of the shooter?"

"I'll take one." Gus said worriedly as he took out his camera. He snapped a couple and returned the camera to its place. Hiding behind the blinds, he peaked again to see the car driving away. "Juliet, the car pulled away. Shawn and Isabel are gone. he put both of them in the trunk and just pulled away." Gus almost started to cry for his friend who was just kidnapped, and shot once again. But this time, it was worse. He had Isabel.