Ch 8: What Luck

"Daddy's home!"

We all looked up at Dylan as he walked through the door, bags full of the Chinese food we told him to go get.

Yup. Chinese food for breakfast.

The past couple of days have been fairly eventless, no one but Tyler having to go out on a job, so everyone was taking it easy.

Collin tisked as Dylan entered the living room.

"You took my catchphrase," he said.

Dylan sent his brother a sideways glare, deciding to ignore him before he set the bags of food onto the table.

Of course he wasn't going to hand us our food. He wanted us to get up so he could get his couch back.

Dylan shuffled through the bag, grabbing his box of takeout before taking a step back.

The room fell silent for a short while as they all tried to make plans on how they could keep their couch or steal it from someone else.

All except Spencer and Tanner, who casually went and retrieved their food without saying a word. Tanner had nothing to lose since it was his turn to guard the basement and Spencer knew that no one was gonna try to take his couch.

I stretched and leaned back, being very grateful that I had my own bed upstairs.

"I'll guard your couch if you get my food," I said to Dante.

"Deal," he responded, standing up almost immediately.

Dylan gawked at our conversation.

"What! That's not fair!" He complained.

I rose a brow at him as Dante collected our food.

"That really sounds like a you problem," I responded plainly.

I silently thanked Dante as he handed me my takeout box as well as a plastic fork.

I stopped paying attention to the couch brawl and instead focused on the sweet and sour chicken and fried rice that I was about to dig in to.

Learning how to ignore these guys came with a lot of practice, but I figured out how it could be done.

It's saved me from having to stab one of them on multiple occasions.

I lifted a piece of chicken with my fork.

Chinese wasn't exactly my favorite, but I would still eat it without complaining.

I was just happy that we had food and none of us had to go hungry anymore.

My chewing stopped as a thought crossed my mind.

"Hey has anyone been feeding-" I paused once I saw Ashton pretty much choking Dylan in a headlock for trying to take his couch, "Leo..." I finished slowly, trying in vain to ignore the scene.

Leo had been here for a couple days now, so someones had to have given him water or something right?

Wait. Why do I care?

"Yeah we've been giving him some water bottles each day and I'm pretty sure Tanner gave him some of the old, frozen bagel bites yesterday," Dante answered, everyone else watching the brawl go down.

I just "huh'ed" a response, trying to hold back a laugh as Dylan bit Ashton's arm in defense.

Watching these boys fight without the intention of killing one another was quite possibly the most entertaining thing I could watch.

When they really have to fight, they do it right. But for now...

"Wait how the hell does he eat and drink with his hands cuffed behind his back?" I asked.