Chapter 20: The Puppeteer

Author...

"Attack the bird, my babies!" Bickslow ordered his wooden puppets. They gathered around the bird and shot lasers. It slolwy stopped the bird, but not enough to destroy it.

"Fairy Needles!" Evergreen helped Bickslow, using her light green needles to penetrate the huge bird.

"You handle the kid, Freed. We'll distract this over sized chicken." shouted Bickslow.

Freed only nodded, then he went running to Koujiro who was sitting in top of a big boulder holding his stuffed toys emotionlessly.

"Call of your toys boy, and tell us where Aka is." Freed unscythed his sword and pointed it at the child.

Koujiro just bit his thumb, he was still wearing a poker face but the action made him look like he was nervous... in Freed's eyes that is.

The truth was he bit his thumb hard for blood to flow out! He wipped his blood on the Lion and in no time, it went alive!

"Darn it!" Freed attacked immediately.

Unfortunately he was sent flying by the lion's ear shattering roar!

Koujiro got on the Lion and it helped him escape, letting it jump from branch to branch until he reached the top of the tree.

"Chase me if you can, big bro." he shouted from the top.

Freed was rather shaken by his nickname given to him by a kid.

"Oh, you call him big bro and you call me grand ma!?" Everfreen shouted, letting her guard down and making Bickslow do all the work.

"But I don't have a grand ma yet." the boy simply stated. "Ryuu is my father, Hibika is my mother..."

"Eh?!" the three from below were surprised. They actually believed that Ryuu and Hibika had him, but it was no more than a pen name.

"Heina is my Auntie, Brad is my Uncle." he continued to name the member of their guild.

"Aka is my big sister and Lady Dracul is... our Lady." he then finished.

Evergreen, Freed and Bickslow thought of a reason why he would tell them that, but none was needed. After all, he was a kid.

"Finish them already B-kun." he stated so suddenly. Freed, Evergreen and Bickslow got a little confused.

Once again, a squal echoed in the forest. The bird that was being stopped by Bickslow's puppet were able to move again and it attacked them. It used its claws, that suddenly came out! It didn't have any before!

First it targeted Bickslow's puppets, and they were sent flying to somewhere they couldn't tell.

"My babies!" Bickslow shouted in terror.

"Run, you fool!" his sulking was disturbed when Evergreen pulled him out of the way. She saved him from being stepped on by the bird!

"Freed! Finish it! Cut off it's head!" Evergreen shouted as the three of them kept running.

"If it was that easy then I would've done that ages ago!"

Evergreen just rolled her eyes and stood her ground. "Fairy Needles!" she shoutes and once againe her glowing needles attack the bird to demobilize it.

"Do something you stupid boys!" she ordered trying her best to hold it out.

"Rune magic!" Freed jumped in and formulated a simple rune just to trap the animal inside.

It worked! The bird didn't just get trapped, it also shrunk back into it's original size and form. It was a stuff toy again!

Koujiro was rather surprised.