Chapter 8: The Mission

Aka...

"Good Morning Aka and Kuro" I turned around from the counter to see Natsu and the others greet us, of course, we greeted back.

"Do you have plans today?" Lucy asked with her hands behind her back.

I looked at Kuro and she held her chin and thought about it "Hmm... Nothing yet. Why?"

"We're going on a mission, want to come?" then Gray suddenly offered.

"For real?!" Both Kuro and I spewed out with excitement, it's just... it's the first time someone ever asked us to join their team for a mission, most of the times it's just me and Kuro.

"Of course, I don't see anything wrong with that." Erza stated and I just cheered inside.

"What's the mission?" Kuro asked with a smile on her face.

"This!" then Happy answered by showing us a poster.

Capture Darc Dracul, reward: 10, 000,000

My body froze reading it.

Lucy...

I can't wait to take on a mission with our new members! But I really have one concern...

"I-isn't that an S-class quest?" Aka asked with her voice hard and tense. I can't believe she was also thinking the same thing. Great minds do think alike.

"Don't worry, Erza's here." Assured Gray. Yeah, I feel pretty safe with her here, but when time comes and she had to protect us, she'd find it hard and we'd be in trouble.

"And I'm here, so there's nothing to fear!" Natsu also added, which didn't mean much.

"Is an S-class quest really that dangerous?" asked Kuro, hm, is it the first time she heard of an S-class quest? But Aka already knew about it at first sight.

"Oh it is, Kuro." Charles answered with a worried tone. "S-class quests are treacherous missions that only powerful S-class wizards could finish. Some consists of solving a mystery, searching for rare treasures or even capturing the members of a dark guild, it's very dangerous."

"Haven't you seen any yet? Or at least heard it from your former guild members?" asked Lily... The question I've always wanted to bring up, their former guild.

"Not really... we were always trying our best to stay out of the crowd, and we were gone before we could even meet one of our S-class wizards." Kuro explained with a weak smile. Gone before they could even ask?

"How long exactly do you stay in a guild?" I asked...

"Not more than four days... honestly... this is our longest stay." Aka answered looking down the floor...

Now I feel bad asking that, I just made her remember painful memories. I really want to kick the butts of those former guild members now.

"They better not show their faces to us or else I'll give them a beating they'll never forget... they sure are stupid to let go such a strong dragonslayer." but Aka's head shot straight up after hearing such a statement from Natsu, who had both his hand on the back of his head looking bored.

Something Natsu would usually say, and at this moment it really helped. If only he could read the situations like this always, then he won't be considered as a dunderhead all the time.

"Hahaha, I doubt that you could take them all on your own" Aka just giggled it off, absent-mindedly teasing him.

"Oh yeah!! Why can't I?!" Natsu then shouted back.