Chapter 33 - Dorm Days

I woke up and cursed as I whacked my head against the ladder. Light was pouring in through the windows and flung shadows into the room. I swung my legs over the bed and ducked out from the bed. As far as I could tell, everyone was asleep. The Buizel clock read 8.17am, relatively early. Or late, to some people. I walked over to the small kitchen where the biscuit tray was still jammed into the pantry. “Clean that up later.” I muttered to myself. There was a bread bin, a toaster, three cupboards and a dishwasher around the counter. I flipped the bread bin open to find two complementary loafs of sliced bread. Switching the toaster on, I unravelled two slices of bread from a loaf and slid them in. Before I could press the switch on the toaster, a voice came from behind. “Making toast?” Bonnie asked. She was stood behind me in a dressing gown. I pointed to the open loaf of bread and she nodded. I slipped two more slices into the toaster and flipped the switch. The bread was sucked into the toaster, which began to hum quietly. “Thanks.” My Sister chimed. I rolled my eyes and opened one of the cupboards. It was full of mugs and glasses. The second was full of various spreads and condiments. The last cupboard was the one I wanted, hiding dishes, plates and bowls. Bonnie located the mini fridge, pulling the door open and pulling out a tub of butter. In five minutes, we were sat on one of the sofas, eating buttered toast. “Good sleep?” Bonnie asked, chewing on the bread.

“Yeah.” I replied, looking over to the bunk bed. Nelly was fast asleep on the top bunk, head sinking into her pillow. Jake was snoring loudly with his arm dangling over the edge of his top bunk. Holly and Ethan were sleeping soundly. “How about you?” I asked.

“Gah, that idiot wouldn't stop snoring! How did you not hear him!?” Bonnie moaned, pointing at Jake.

“Oh... Well I suppose my mind was on other things.” I replied, finishing my first slice of breakfast. Bonnie stared at me for a while before returning to her food.

“Uh-huh, other things.” She joked. I glared and shook my head. “So, what are we doing today?” Bonnie asked.

“I thought we should split up. Do some individual training. After all, we will have to battle each other soon.” I said, looking over to my friends. Bonnie nodded and swallowed. She had finished her toast. She took her plate to the sink, dumped it and grabbed her bag. “Shower.” My Sister said bluntly, walking into the girls bathroom. The door slammed shut and clicked. I took another bite of toast, finishing the lot. I walked over to the sink and ran the tap. “Do... Do da do...” I hummed to myself, running the plates under the cold water. Seconds later, a sharp sound of water came from the bathroom. I smiled and wiped the first plate with a dishcloth, doing the same with the second. The cupboard was still open, so I lifted the plates back in and closed the door. “There...” I sighed, wiping my hands. I turned and got a shock. Nelly was stood there, a smile plastered on her face. “Morning.” She greeted.

“Du-erm, Morning.” I stuttered. She leant past me and flicked the toaster switch. The machine turned off. I scratched my head and blinked. “You didn't want any...?” I asked. Nelly shook her head and pulled back again.

“I'll come with you today. I-if you don't mind...?” She asked. It took a moment before I realized that she must have overheard our conversation.

“O-ok, no problem!” I replied. Nelly smiled warmly. The noise stopped. Moments later, the bathroom door clicked and opened. Bonnie walked out with her day clothes on, vigorously rubbing her hair with a towel. She spotted Nelly and gestured towards the shower. “Yours if you want it.” She said, sitting down on the sofa. Nelly shrugged and walked over to her bag. I did the same. We smiled and walked off into the designated bathrooms.

An hour later, after everyone had woken up, showered and eaten, we devised a game plan. “I'm going into Victory Road to train!” Holly said, stroking Riolu's head.