XII

Baby Blue XII

Louis is happier now. Better. It's been two weeks since his coffee (date) with Greg, and they've been texting each other between Greg's classes and meetings and such. It's a good feeling for Louis. The feeling of being wanted. In the short amount of time they've seen each other, spent time with each other, talked even, it's been great. Louis feels like he can trust the man.

Granted, Louis always wakes up to a "Morning Lou, how are you feeling today?" It puts a smile on his face. But when he rolls out of bed today, hair disheveled and eyes a blur, he doesn't pay any mind to the caller ID, just answers it.

"Hello?"

"Louis." Louis' eyes straighten out and he blinks. His throat tightens and he debates hanging up the phone. "Lou, we need to talk."

"Nothing to talk about Hazzy." He mumbles. Harry sighs on the other end.

"Well, She's my daughter Lou."

"That you don't want."

"Lou-"

"You broke up with me. You needed time. So have your stupid time and do not call Louis back!" He snaps, yanking the phone from his ear and ending the call. He stares at his phone and watches as the call disappears from him. Slipping through his fingers like plasma.

It hurts. It hurts that Harry broke up with him. It hurts checking the mail and wondering if there will be any divorce files inside. It kills him. He wants to die.

Louis squeezes his phone in his hand, wishing it would break. (It doesn't of course) but before he retorts to throwing it across the room, he taps his way into his contacts, scrolls, and thanks god that it's a Saturday.

It rings and rings and rings and Louis doubts anyone will pick up, but then the line doesn't cut to voicemail and he hears a the clearing of a throat.

"Greg Holmes."

"Hi." Louis can feel Greg smiling at him through the receiver.

"Morning Louis. Everything alright?" Louis is silent, biting his bottom lip before speaking.

"No. But are you... Are you busy?"

"No Im not, just making up a few lesson plans, why? Something you need?" Louis gulps.

"Can... Can you come to my flat?"

"Your flat?"

"Yeah it's just... Lonely here and I don't think I should be left alone right now." Greg shuffles about on the other line.

"Yeah course, just send me your number alright?" And Louis obeys.

-

Greg is there in no more that 10 minutes. A smile on his face and fresh stubble on his chin that makes Louis blink a few times.

"Hi." Greg greets. Louis allows him to come in and he sets down his jacket on the sofa. "You sure you're alright?" Louis shakes his head, hands scraping down his face. "What happened?"

"Harry called." Greg gives the boy a solemn smile. "I just don't want to talk to him. Too much going on." Greg persuades Louis to sit on the sofa beside him.

"Wanna tell me about it?" Louis shrugs. "Might make you feel better."

"Might make me cry too." Greg puts a hand on Louis' knee, rubbing in carefully.

"Nothing bad about crying, Love." Louis pulls his legs to his chest and looks at Greg.

"He broke up with me. He needed time. Why does he get to do whatever he wants, and Im stuck here picking up the pieces? It doesn't make sense. Why am I punished for everything." Louis' bottom lip wobbles. "I know Im not perfect but he loved me and now it's like I don't even exist or matter to him all because of-"