two

"Beverly!"

      "Beverly!"

I jump at the sudden shout, turning on my heel to see Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos approaching Jane and I. I smile at the group, sending them a friendly wave before turning back to Jane.

"You need to stop stressing over napkins and focus on the party favors, the only reason I'm going is for the free stuff. I'm sure I'm not the only one either, so get on Mal about that. Everything else will fall into place, so just chill a bit." I place my hand on the girl's shoulder and she nods, shooting me a tight smile.

"Thanks, Bev."

"No problem," I turn to the group of villain kids who have arrived behind Jane and I. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3, wanna snag it before I ask Jane or Lonnie?" Evie whispers as I take the spot next to her.

"Coronation dress or Cotillion?" I whisper back, turning to look at the girl.

"Cotillion, we can do Coronation after Cotillion is over."

"Sure," I sigh, smirking as my eyes land on my brother. "be right back."

"Ben!" I shout, catching his attention. My brother groans, clearly trying to avoid me but I run over to him anyway.

"What do you want, Beverly? I need to talk to Mal." Ben utters, eyes focused on his girlfriend who is being interrogated by Jane about Cotillion.

Okay, you got this. Be subtle and smooth.

Subtle. Smooth. You can do it!

"I need you to fund a trip for me, for my proclamation." I reveal, only slightly lying.

Truth is I don't have a proclamation, I don't even want to be Queen. But I know how to manipulate my brother, if he thinks I'm doing something for the kingdom then he'll consider what I have to offer.

Ben, who is clearly taken aback by my forwardness, stutters out a shocked "Uh, okay. Where do you want to go?"

My eyes fall to my shoes and I take a deep breath before blurting, "the Isle."

"No."

"What the hell, bro? You didn't even think about it. Why not?" I snap. Of course I never expected him to say yes but I atleast thought he would consider it.

"Because it's the Isle of the Lost, Beverly. That's way too dangerous!" Ben growls, his inner beast making itself present before disappearing just as quickly as it came.