seven

"Why are you sad?"

      "Why are you sad?"

I let out a shocked laugh, my eyes darting to Gil. My mouth runs dry and all of my energy runs with it. I simply shrug, too exhausted to reply.

"No, tell me. I'm a good listener." The boy insists, leading me down a hall.

"There's nothing much to say," I swallow hard, clearing my throat. "it's just- dumb. It's dumb."

"If it's making you sad then it isn't dumb."

I force a smile, glancing up at the boy as we turn a corner, "I think I like Harry." I admit timidly. "Please don't tell anyone I said that. It's never going to happen, there's too much going on in our lives for it to work."

"Ooh!" Gil squeals like a girl, smiling widely at me. "It can totally happen, you just have to try."

"It isn't that simple. First off, we have the distance. I'm not going to be on the Isle forever, there's no way for us to communicate when I go home. Then, there's the small detail that he had my brother kidnapped!" I snap, "Forget it, I told you. It's dumb."

"Harry didn't like you that much when we nicked Ben." Gil mutters, glancing over at me.

"What?" I turn to the boy, eyes wide.

"Yeah, it was before you guys started getting cozy." He shrugs as if it's nothing but my heart skips a beat at the thought that maybe I don't have to be mad at the pirate.

"Oh," I murmur, my mind now racing.

We arrive at a door and Gil pushes it open, letting me inside.

"Night, Gil."

I don't give him time to respond before shutting the door in his face.

That was so stupid of me!

There's no way Gil will be able to keep that to himself. He's gonna end up telling Harry and then I'm gonna have unwanted boy drama to deal with.

Kill me.

I decide to use the room to distract myself, studying the bland space. There's a couch in one corner, a desk on the other side of the room. Straight ahead of me there sits a window out looking the sea with Auradon lying peacefully in the distance.

As much as I hate to admit it, I was so dumb coming here. I let my emotions carry me to a place I don't belong and now here I am kidnapped by a bunch of crazy villain kids. And to top all that off, I may or may not be developing feelings for one of those crazy villains.