Chapter 5

Amanda's POV
~1 week later~

We walk down the steps of the stage and to the desk. Piers goes to sit in the middle but Simon interrupts his movements.
"Amanda, sits there." he says.

"Why is that?" he asks.

"It makes since to put the only girl we have in the middle." he smiles. Piers rolls his eyes and then switches spots with me. I almost fall back but Simon catches my arm and pulls me up, making me be inches from his face. I feel my fae heating so I quickly pull away and sit in my chair. I look over at Piers and he looks really pissed off now. All Simon did was save me from falling on top of people and breaking something in my frail body. Simon finally sits down and looks over at me with a slight smile. I smirk and then look over at Piers when I feel his hand slip on my bare thigh. His cheesy grin shows up and I feel my core getting a bit hot. Geez, does he need to do this right now. His hand leaves my thigh and it instantly goes cold. I let of a sigh of reliefe and then start to talk to the contestant that just walked out.

~3 Hours Later~

We are finally done with auditions today! It's been long and hard! So many broken dreams and so many dreams have come true! But I'm offically very tired from dealing with Simon being a goofball and Piers acting like an ass every time I talk to Simon. Right now he's pissed off because Simon kissed my ass when an old lady was singing about 'Kiss my ass' Everyone was laughing themselves to tears while Piers was squeezing his hands so tight together that his knuckles are white. Simon and I walk backstage while Piers storms off to his dressing room. 
"What's his problem?" Simon asks with a half smile.

"He's just mad is all." I sigh.

"Cause I kissed your ass?" Simon asks.

"What? Why would he be mad about that?" I ask, trying to hide.

"Darling, I know you two have something going on." he chuckles and shakes his head in the process.
"Why you'd even choose him is beyond me but if your happy....then good for you." he says and now I'm shocked. 

"Really? Is it that obvious?" I ask.

"No, I just figured it out yesterday." he laughs and I laugh along with him.

"Do you think I'll get fired." I ask now worried.

"Not unless you really deserve it. I'm the boss so I don't care." he says and looks down at his feet.

"A-are you alright Simon?" I ask softly.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just tired and ready to go home." he smiles and I nod my head.

"I don't think I'll be going home tonight." I mumble, hoping he didn't hear me.

"What? Why not?" he asks.

"Piers and I pretty much live together. So chances are he's gonna be at my place. Not really the best time for us to be talking while he's all pissy." I say.

"Just come stay at my place tonight. Do you keep any clothes here?" he asks.

"I keep a nice blue, long shirt and jeans for any relax days." I say.

"Well, go get that and you can wear that tomorrow to work." he says and I nod. I run to my room and my stuff and then meet Simon out at his limo. We sit on opposite sides of each other so he's facing me while I lean against the door. I feel his eyes on me but I don't dare to move. Finally the silence breaks when he turns on a familar song. It's a song by Adele called 'When We Were Young'  I listen to the music closely and then look over at him and he smiles.
"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Um...yeah." I whisper and then lay back against the seat. 

"If you say so." he sighs and pulls a bottle of water to his lips. I watch the way his lips form over the bottle and how his throat moves when he swallows. When he puts down the bottle, he takes a deep breath. I study the way his chest rises and falls and then look back up at his face. His eyes are closed and his body is almost limp. I think he's asleep. The way his breathing has changed and the way his body moves so easily when the car moves. Once we pull up to a house I place my hand on his thigh and rub it softly while calling his name. He eventually wakes up and both of us walk into his place. It's actually huge....I thought my place was big but he has a three story house. The second story has all the rooms including his and then the third floor is built like a sunroom. The roof is see through and then it has a wooden day bed. There's a desk in the corner with a bookshelf. This by far is my favorite room that he's shown me. I look up and there's a light shining right through.

"This is so beautiful." I say looking up at the roof.

"Yeah.....just like something else." he smirks and comes a bit closer to me. His hand slides onto my face and our lips slowly push together. My stomach begins to explode into fireworks and my fingers are burning. I've never felt this with anyone....not even Piers. What even is this feeling that I have. It feels so right and so good. I wrap one of my arms around his neck so his body can be as close as possible. Everything is exploding like never before and I'm freaking out almost. We both pull away out of breath and all I can do is stare up at him.
"Wow." he gasps and I nod my head in agreement. He goes to kiss me again but I push away.

"I can't do this to Piers.....I can't do this." I whisper and he nods.

"Amanda I really need to tell you something." he whispers back but then the doorbell rings. He puts his finger up and then walks down the stairs. After a few minutes I walk down stairs to see Demi talking to Simon.

"Amanda!" she yelps and jumps at me.

"You guys know each other?" Simon asks, now confused.

"Of course! She was the one who gave me the idea to get you away from your computer when we went to LA." she laughs.
"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"UM some complications so I am here for the night." I smile.

"Oh okay." she says and then looks down at her phone.
"You know what? I actually need to get going so, I'll see you later." she smiles and kisses my cheek. She then walks right past Simon and leaves.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Oh...nothing." he whispers and then looks down.

"Are you hungry?" I ask. He nods softly and then looks up at me.
"Alright, come on." I say and grab his hand, pulling him to the kitchen. I begin looking through the cabinets.

Simon's POV

"Demi!" I say surprised as I finish opening the door.

"Hey babe." she says and kisses me a bit hard.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, because she was supposed to be recording today.

"I thought I might come see my baby before I went to recording." she smirks and comes closer to me, kissing me harder than last time.

"Come see me...or did you mean something else." I chuckle and she laughs.

"Maybe a little bit of both." she bites her lip and gets back on her tip toes but I can't because it doesn't feel the same anymore. 
"What's wrong?" she pouts.

"N-nothing." I smile and peck her lips one last time before Amanda appears from upstairs.