Chapter 1 (Dimitri POV)

Rose looked  at me with longing but her mother and I left into the other chamber of the cave.I was worried that something might happen to Rose as she was reckless. 

I had to remember  that she was almost a fully grown Dhampir Guardian. Janine and I kept walking."On guard" shouted Janine as we walked on keeping watch for any Strigoi. There was a sudden creaking noise and that started the attack. 

Strigoi came in from every direction and we  began fighting and stabbing . After some point we had killed the main group that had attacked and I surveyed the area.Two or three dhampirs had fallen but not too many losses as I had expected. Janine looked up at me and we surveyed the rest of the tunnel but there weren't any more Strigoi left.

We walked back to the point where we promised that we'd meet Rose's group. And we just sat down and I muttered a silent prayer  to keep Rose safe.

We continued to wait and after a really long time we saw the other group approaching. But It was not lead by Rose but by Christian and Rose was nowhere to be seen. The worry crept inside me which was reflected on Janine's face .A sad expression was on Christian's face and I knew something was wrong.

"Where's Rose ?,"asked Janine worriedly. I expected that she was dead but the answer I got proved me wrong.

"They have taken her,"said Christian"Only Vladimir knows what they will do to her."

Tears formed in Janine's eyes .She was usually strong but she never teared up."No,Not my Rose."  she wailed and the tears streamed down on her face.

I didn't know what to do for sometime I just wanted to sit there and think about what to do.But I decided to get back to the Academy and then decide."We must report to Headmistress Kirova about what had happened ." I said and we began to walk back to the Academy.

My heart was in pieces.My Roza was gone... I didn't know what I would do without her.

                                                              -------------------------------------------------

So that's chapter one. Hope you enjoyed it.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments. Next chapter coming soon...