Chapter 2: No Corporation

The Son of Aphrodite / Chapter 2

It's been a few days since I started watching Dylan and the dark haired boy whose name I have learned is Mason, watching how they acted and thinking about what would be be the best way for them to 'accidentally' meet.

Mason is a pretty decent guy from what I've seen although his friends are a bit douche in my opinion and too obsessed with sports. He is attractive enough, but of course not as good looking as I am (you would have to be a demigod to even come close) but with his almost black hair and deep chocolate eyes he could make most girls swoon. He was smart too which was a plus, doing well in most of his classes studying to be a doctor which is a very noble profession.

The more I watch Dylan the more I have to come to like and respect her. She is very feisty when she needs to be, not taking crap from anyone but at the same time she is sweet and kind to the people who deserve it. It's the little things she does that let me truly see her character, getting a glimpse of the person underneath all of that armor she puts on.

Just yesterday a mother dropped her daughter's stuffed animal and without a second thought Dylan picked it up tucking it in the young girl's arms with a grand smile before turning around continuing on her path. The best part about it was that the mom didn't notice at all, Dylan never received a thank you, but as she was walking off I caught a glimpse of her smile and it showed she didn't mind one bit.

She would also go out of her way to give money to any homeless person she saw sitting on the sidewalk or ask them if they had enough to eat, she didn't want to admit it but she cared much more then she let on.

I found myself beginning to love seeing her blue eyes light up with determination and passion burning with some inner fire and the small smile she wore when she stared off into space as if she was thinking about some inside joke.

She was in a word.......adorable.

I mean yeah she was no daughter of a goddess or anything but Dylan could be decent to look at and she wasn't as coincided as most demigods I know, me for example.

I made my way down the sidewalk near the university where Mason and Dylan went to school knowing that soon classes would be letting out and I was hoping to run into Dylan. I wanted to talk to her and begin to put my plan into motion in order to get the two of them to finally meet.

I scanned the crowd and saw a flash of bright red hair and I smirked changing my path so our paths would end up crossing and I could get to speak to her once again.

Dylan was walking alone carrying a textbook and a worn looking notebook that seemed full of various papers from her classes. She had a knitted cream cardigan pulled closely around her along with a light baby blue scarf wrapped along her neck, her cheeks flushed from the cold.

As I got closer I kept my eyes straight forward acting like I had in idea she was nearby but as we were about to pass each other I moved my hand in my pocket and a sudden bump appeared on the sidewalk in front of Dylan causing her to trip.

I quickly reacted grabbing her by the waist to keep her from falling and stood up pulling her along with me and flush to my chest before staring down into her eyes, "hey again, fancy running into you here".