Chapter 4: Found

The Son of Aphrodite / Chapter 4

I strolled out of the coffee shop frustrated and confused, wanting to figure out what happened between Dylan and Mason, yet still no closer to figuring it out. I had pieces of the puzzle, but I couldn't quite get them to fit. I knew I needed to give Dylan some space right now, so for the moment I would let her be alone and try to figure out her emotions.

The wind hit my face blowing my chocolate curls out of my face and making my eyes water slightly from the chill it held. I hadn't a clue where to go right now so I opted to just walk around for a while and explore more wanting to take in the sights of this human world I had heard so much about. For being fall in Texas it was actually quite cold, which was abnormal for this place as so many people had told me, most of them just complaining about how they wish it would warm up already even though they had just been asking for it to be cold.

I tell you mortals are super weird and completely bipolar, at least the ones I have run into are. Immortals never complain about anything-- actually, no, that's a complete lie. We just don't complain about things so simple and unimportant.

I passed skyscraper after skyscraper my image reflecting in ripples off of the tinted glass as I admired all of the interesting architecture this city had to offer. Soon though I grew bored and became hungry realizing that in all of the confusion I didn't get a chance to eat with Dylan like we had planned. I strolled along until I found the nearest Starbucks and then promptly entered the store.

The line wasn't very long and in no time I found myself standing waiting for my order of a caramel mocachinno and blueberry muffin. I had noticed several people, mostly girls but a few guys here and there, checking me out some even blatantly staring at me. A smug smile formed on my lips; I was pleased that despite my little power glitches, my devilishly handsome good looks remained in tact. In fact there was only one person in the whole cafe that hadn't bothered giving me a once-over and she was in the farthest corner away from me slowly nursing what looked like a steamy cup of tea.

For some reason she looked familiar to me and it took me a few seconds to realize who it was. It seems like Dylan and I had the same idea after this morning's incident but it amazed even me that somehow both of us ended up here on the same street, in the same coffee shop out of all the other Starbucks in Houston, and believe me there were quite a few.

As soon as my name was called for my order I grabbed it and walked over to where she was sitting fully intent on getting her to tell me what happened between her and Mason.

I smoothly slid into the empty chair opposite of her and took in her appearance, our eyes meeting for a few seconds before she turned away and we sat in silence for a few moments just sipping on our drinks.

I have to admit that I had seen Dylan look better than she did right now. Her eyes looked bloodshot, still puffy like she had just finished crying only minutes earlier and her eye makeup, whatever it was called, was smeared but even like that she was still easily the most beautiful girl in the room.

If only she was a demigod like me then we could have made a good couple, but she is just a mortal, and it would never work out. For one she could never live on Olympus since it is only a place for gods, not humans, and that already was the deal breaker. As much as I enjoyed visiting here on Earth, Olympus was my home and I don't think I could ever leave it, especially not for some random mortal girl.

She took another sip from her cup and her stormy grey eyes met mine but instead of the normal fire I saw in them they seemed distraught and disconnected like Dylan was here but somewhere else as well. 

"How did you know to look for me here?" she questioned me, her voice dejected and tiresome.

"I didn't." I answered honestly. "I was actually walking around for a while trying to give you some space when I saw this place and figured I'd stop in for some coffee. It just turns out you happened to be here as well."

"Oh, well that's a relief I was afraid you might have turned out to be a stalker or something creepy like that. It is always the hot guys you have to watch out for it seems, they are mostly too good to be true." She shrugged nursing her drink, and by her tone I could tell she had experienced first hand what she had been talking about.

"And beautiful girls like you are generally too good to be true as well," I countered. I took a bite out of my muffin, a brow cocked up teasingly.

She giggled softly. It was refreshing to my ears. "Well, I don't know if I look that pretty right now. I'm pretty sure my makeup is a mess, and the wind messed my hair up really good."

I gave her a deep chuckle throwing my head back running a hand through my curly locks in hopes to try and tame them but let's face it, they never can be, and they really add to my whole devilish untamed, good looks. For some reason mortals like the untamed look, but back where I am accustomed to, nicely styled hair and clothing items go far in the looks department. Luckily for me I just so happen to inherit admirably striking looks.

I took my time to really look at her and I noticed her hair was a little messier than usual, particularly this one strand, so on instinct I reached my hand forward grabbing it, tucking it behind her ear, and then rubbing it between my fingers for a few moments to feel its softness as I continued speaking.

"So when are you going to tell me what happened between you and Mason?" I inquired trying to add a little of my 'magical' charm to get her to talk. I set my mind carefully on trying to get her to spill the beans unknowingly, but she shakes her head.

"It's kind of personal, and I don't know if I am quite ready to talk about it yet." Dylan admitted to me.

I frowned, confused that she didn't subject to my charm. Instead she moved her pained eyes from my own to her steaming cup of tea. She dipped her head back and took a couple slugs, only to look right back at me with another pained expression.

I decided not to pressure at this time to tell me, but instead to work on gaining her trust so that she will open up to me on her own. This way when I attempt to set the two up again she will listen to my advice and I can convince her to give Mason another chance. 

 _____________________

A/N: Short update, we know, but there will be another one coming soon so look out for it! Not much really happened in this chapter like the others, it is more of a filler to be honest, so please bare with us haha. What do you guys think so far? I find Harry very self-absorbed, but he was born that way (hehe) so it sort of just comes with his character, just like his great looks (;

The next update should be in a week or so, so I repeat myself, keep your eyes peeled for it! Okay now I am going to stop rambling and tie up this author's note. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! We love reading through what ya'll think!