Chapter Seventeen - The Blockhead Algorithm

~~~~"I'll kill him

~
~
~
~
"I'll kill him. There are several others who would happily assist me in my endeavors. Just give me a time, place and weapon of choice."

If I thought my anger issues were severe about the whole situation with Shane, then Shelby burned with rage. Saturday morning and we were at the local flea market, searching for forgotten and under appreciated treasures, with me listening to her rant and rave about the situation.

Malls weren't completely our thing. Yes, we liked them and we went often enough. But more than that, flea markets had an air of adventure and discovery to them. At malls and general retailers, it seemed as if you always knew what you would find. You could go twice a month three months in a row and the same stuff would usually be there.

Now with flea markets, each time you went, new items awaited. Each time you stepped foot into that marketplace, there would be an item nobody else found or no one else found beauty in.

That was the fun in flea markets.

But back to the initial matter, Shelby fumed. She breathed fire at that particular moment in time. In fact, I sort of feared for my life and I wasn't even on the receiving end of the fury.

"Maybe I'll start by egging his car," she said thoughtfully, tapping her chin as she stared at a rug hanging up on a rack. "Just to give him a heads up. Cause, you know, I'm nice like that."

Shaking my head, I couldn't help but crack a grin at her words. "Like, what should I do though?" I picked up a music box and looked it over before cranking it up, listening to the tune. "I mean, do I just say, hey I found out you're a total nong and I think you should go take a hike?"

Deciding that the tune was too odd for my taste, I set the music box down on the table and moved along to the next one.

Shelby shook her head vigorously. "No. You, my sweet little Gabby, are going to make a scene. Make him wish he never accepted that stupid dare."

Scoffing, I eyeballed her warily. "And how, exactly, do you intend on me doing that? You know me. Confrontation is not my forte."

A slow, sly smirk made it's way across Shelby's face, in effect forcing a frown onto mine.

"This is going to be bad, isn't it?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I'll help kill him."

Shelby and Evan both needed mental therapy. Yeah, Shane was a jerk; but all this talk of killing the poor guy felt a little extreme, however entertaining it proved to be. Evan had his eyes narrowed and his arm around Shelby's shoulders as we sat in front of my television, some sitcom on that none of us were actually watching.

Evan looked like he might blow a fuse, his normally pale complexion turning an interesting shade of red. He appeared to muttering under his breath, as well, making me truly question how stable his mentality really was.