Chapter Fifteen - Boys, Bathrooms & Befuddlement

~~~~

~
~
~
~

"It was a complete disaster. Like, I'll be surprised if the guy ever wants to look in my direction again. I mean, come on. He takes me out to a super nice restaurant. I embarrass us to the point of no return and then we end up getting Del Taco anyways and eat it at a park."

As you could probably tell, I hadn't stopped rambling about the worst date ever since I stepped foot in school.

"Oh. OH! And let's not forget how you bailed before the guy could even get a smooch in," Evan added on, shaking with laughter. He slapped his knee for effect, causing both Shelby and I to shoot him a look. He didn't notice. "I mean, seriously, Gab? I love you, but you so shut the poor guy down!"

Still laughing, he looked up at Shelby and I; upon taking in our unamused faces, Evan quickly sobered up, putting an arm back around Shelby. "B-but it was completely understandable. Uhm ... completely."

He looked back and forth between up before reaching out and petting my hair, repeating, "Who's a good Gabby?" over and over.

I narrowed my eyes at him and watched as his hand slowly retreated. "Okay, well think of it this way. If he ever calls you again, that means he really likes you. That has to make you feel better, right?" I only glared. "Right?" Silence. "I'm just gonna go to class now. Buh-bye."

Shelby and I watched him practically run away, the feeling of our eyes most likely burning a hole into his back.

Served him right.

"I don't think I can ever face him after that display," I told Shelby, full of honesty and shaking my head.

Most people would think that I was seriously exaggerating. My thoughts didn't reflect such emotions. I felt completely embarrassed. No one could know about this disaster of date.

"Oh, chill. He probably just thought it was quirky. People like quirky. They think it's cute."

Lolling my head to the side, I looked at her with a look of complete unamusement.

"Better get your quirky on, here comes Shane."

Without another word, I took a diving leap into the closest room. Which just so happened to be the boys bathroom. Smacking myself on the forehead.

I shook my head. Why must it always be me?

With a sigh, and a silent thank you that the room was empty, I turned around and went to grab the door handle.

But ...

It swung open before I could even get there and in stalked some kid.

He saw me.

I saw him.

Please let the earth open up and just swallow me whole, right now.

"Uhm, why are you in the dudes room?" he asked skeptically.