Chapter 2 (The Time is Coming)

Pyro's POV

I pushed open the door that led into Daniel's mansion. "Daniel? Daniel, you here?" I called out as we entered the foyer. I heard the door slam meaning that Alexis had shut the front door and had enter the foyer also. "Is he even here?" He asked. "Well, I don't know! Did you not here my question, dumb ass..." Alexis flinched at my words. It was unusal for him to do this. Usually he would reply with a cocky comment but this time he didn't. Maybe it's the winter but who knows. "Pyro? Pyro, is it you?" I heard his voice coming from the downstairs. "Yeah, Alexis and me are here." I walked down his winding staircase and into his den. His computer glowed as he was frustrated trying to fix the connection. "Connections are still down, eh?" Alexis said in his Candian like ways. "Yeah, I don't know how we are going to connect with the others. I've been working at this all day. Wish this damn ice age would disappear already." "All of us wish for that, Daniel." I said not noticing my shaking. "Pyro! Your shivering!" Daniel yelled concerned like always when ever something was wrong. "I'm fine, I'm fine." I said. "No you are not okay. Alexis light the fireplace." Daniel comanded as Alexis struck a match and threw it over the wood pile. The wood was soon set ablaze making the room cozy. "I need to go..." I mumbled. "Oh no, you are not going anywhere!" Daniel said in a stern tone. "I have to and you can't stop me." I bolted up the stairs and towards the door. I threw on my boot, my bag, and my cape (or shawl) on. I opened the door and was greeted by the icy winds. I looked back before I stepped out of the house and I saw Alexis. "I'm sorry, I have to leave, you don't understand yet." I closed the door and set of towards Etho's Mountain.

I trudged, once again, through the snow to Etho's Mountain. Finally I saw the blur of the mountain. I still had to care for Etho. Alexis and Daniel think he is dead after the incident and I was the only one that knew he was alive...

*FlashBack*

I saw his white eyes stare at Etho who was quivering with fear. I saw the explosion happen around him. "Etho!!!! No!!!!" I screamed running towards the mess of debris. "Pyro, we have to go now." Daniel said in a stern tone. "Etho, why?" I said sobbing...

*End of FlashBack*

I climbed the mountain until I reached Etho's cave that he has hid in for two years. I stumbled into the cave, pain in every step I took. "Etho, Etho help please..." I called out into the cave. A man appeared with white hair and one red eye. I was on the floor now trying to crawl to the sofa. I had no clue why I was in so much pain. "Oh my god, Pyro!" Etho yelled. "No, no, no!!! It can't be happening not now, not yet..." Etho was in break down mode. Many secrest lay in my life, things I don't like to bring up or ever show, so does Etho. Many secrets lay behind our personalitys and lives.

*FlashBack*

Flames appeared in my hands as I ran at the kids who had beaten me up. I threw the flames at one of the kids legs. A burn now ran down his leg now with blisters all over it. "Winter!!! To my office now!!!" Principal Red yelled at me. I took a look at the kid who was now sobbing on the ground holding his leg in pain. "Thats the last time you'll try to beat up anyone again..." I mumbled as I took heavey steps to the office. I entered my red hair covering my face. I sunk down in one of the plush chairs in his office looking at him with my eyes burning with anger. "What in the world was that, Miss Winter?!?!" I shruged my shoulders in a return to his question."That's it just nothing!?!?!" He yelled at me. The tips of my hair had began to smolder in anger. "I am fifteen, how the hell am I suppose to know what the hell this power is?!?" I screamed at him. I got up and began towards the door. "Where do you think you are going, Miss Winter?" I turned to face him my eyes flaming with anger. "Well, getting the hell out of here and don't you worry, you will NEVER have to deal with me again." I stormed out of his office and towards the woods. I had no parents, no family. I put on some new jeans and laced up my combat boots. I stuffed a water bottle and some food in my bag along with a knife and extra clothing. I put my quiver full of arrows over my shoulder.  I picked up my bow and looked at the engravement on it. "Pyro" I like it. No more Winter for me, my new name is Pyro. My necklace glowed. I never new what it meant, I only just admired it...

*End of FlashBack*