Wattpad Original

When you're feeling empty Keep me in your memory

I'm pretty sure none of you were expecting that I'd be uploading something like this and I'm sorry if I'm disappointing anyone but I haven't felt this strongly about anything in a long time and I just needed  to write my thoughts down. 

Chester Bennington died almost two days ago. 

I was too emotionally shattered to talk about it before. I don't know how many of you knew him or his music, but he was someone who had a profound impact on my life. 

Some of you might recognize Chester as the lead singer of the famous rock-band 'Linkin Park'

He was my inspiration. I looked up to him ever since I was 9 years old.  

He didn't know me but he gave me something to live for.  

I will never forget all those nights when the only thing I had for comfort was his voice and his music. His lyrics gave me hope, he spoke to me in a way no one else could. He made be believe that I could get through my depression and rise up even stronger. His songs told me that I wasn't alone, that there was someone out there who knew exactly how I felt.

I still remember every detail of the moments I heard his songs for the first time, they were undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and unforgettable moments of my life. 

I can still picture my 9 year old self singing "In The End" at the top of my lungs.

I still find my cheeks wet after I hear the lyrics to 'Iridescent',

  And in a burst of light that blinded every angel
As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
You felt the gravity of tempered grace
Falling into empty space
No one there to catch you in their arms

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure's all you've known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go  

I still get goosebumps every time I hear "Numb"

Waking up one day to find out that your childhood idol killed himself is the worst thing you can ever experience. 

His departure has left a void in my heart which can never be filled.

10 years ago, I made an entry in my Bucket-list which I will sadly never be able to accomplish;

"Attend a Linkin Park concert and meet Chester Bennington."

His death has left me brokenhearted and utterly shaken but it has also made me look at things clearly.

We never know what someone is going through, and we never really care until something tragic happens.

I would just like to stress on the fact that mental illness is real, it's important to spread awareness, to prevent such painful incidents from happening. We need to pay attention to the people around us, we should be aware of what they're going through.

Always remember that the smallest things can make a huge impact. A few words of compassion can save someone's life!

If you're having a hard time dealing with things, if you're having depressing thoughts, PLEASE reach out to someone. You're stronger than you think. Sometimes we just need someone to reach out and pull us away from the pain and hopelessness we've surrounded ourselves with.

Right now as I write with a heavy heart and with tears streaming down my cheeks.

 I would just like to say that I don't know what you were going through Chester but I hope you've found peace. I hope you're in a better place now. 

You made me believe that the only person I needed to be was myself and I can't thank you enough for that. 

Your music was the best thing that ever happened to me.

You will always be in my heart. 

You will never be forgotten. ❤

In loving memory of Chester Bennington  (March 20, 1976 – July 20, 2017)

Thank you for inspiring me at a time I thought there was no hope.