Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 1: Trapped

|Edited| (2/12/2017)

Picture of Daniel above

"May your choices reflect your hopes. Not your fears" -Nelson Mandela

************

"Hey! Go get your own." I scowled at Daniel, who had just snatched my plate of pancakes.

"I would, but annoying you is way too much fun." He said, smirking as he took a bite, annoying me even more.

I smacked him on the side of his head, and as expected, he didn't even wince. He cocked his eyebrow at me with that annoying smirk of his and I rolled my eyes.

Daniel and I had been best friends ever since my dad had started working as his father's personal bodyguard. Back then Mr. Anderson had only just taken up politics. Now, ten years later, my dad had long since been promoted to the head of security for the Anderson family, and Mr. Anderson was the lead candidate running for President this year.

After ten years together, we had practically become family.

Mr. Anderson's popularity had rapidly increased, and the public considered him a hero. He had managed to diminish the crime rate in the country, bringing it down to a minimum in only a few short years. He was surely going to win the election this year.

Still, not everyone in the country loved him. The criminals saw him as a prevailing threat, and most of them would do anything to take him down. As the security threats on him and his family increased, my dad's job became a 24-hour one and he had to move into the Anderson's mansion. Because he wanted to keep me close, I'd moved in, too.

The Andersons had accepted us as family and they had become a big part of our lives, as we did theirs. They had managed to become the family I had always wanted.

My mother had died when I was seven, I didn't really like to think about it much. Ever since then, it had been just me and my father.

Before moving into the mansion I had been really lonely. I had no friends at school and my dad was constantly busy with his job, so I had to spend my time after school either at our neighbor's house or with the babysitter my dad had hired.

Basically, I was miserable. The only fun I had was on the weekends when my dad took me with him to the mansion while he accompanied Mr. Anderson to his various meetings and tours. I'd spent all playing with Daniel in his tree house. I knew my dad worked hard so he could provide for me, and I wasn't ungrateful but I really missed him and I had been unhappy.

We moved into the Aderson's mansion three years ago, when I was 16. I still remember Mrs. Anderson's kind words, she'd told me that the mansion always seemed too big and empty and that she'd always wanted a bigger family.

The Anderson family consisted of five people: Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, their oldest daughter Ellen, followed by Scott and then Daniel.

Ellen had married two years ago, she lived happily with her husband in England and was expecting her second baby. Scott had moved out a while ago and had created his own business. He had branches set up in many countries around the world. The last time I had heard, he had been touring Australia and was thinking of starting a business project there. Daniel was twenty-one, the youngest of the lot, and he was just two years older than me.

He went to the most prestigious college in the country. He was a quarterback in the football team there, and I knew he planned on pursuing that passion rather than taking up business or politics like his father wanted.