Chapter Eleven-Rural Love

PART THREE

Rod arrived at the front porch in Texas.

Marjorie opened the door.

"Howdy! Is Marjorie home?", he teased.

"She's busy getting breakfast in the kitchen. I could feed a hungry Cowboy if you'd like". He tipped his tan colored hat with his right hand, and grinned...as he went inside.

***

"I am glad you're here. I really loved the Rodeo last night in Galveston. Georgia Mae is a nice woman. And Mack and the others, too".

The smell of eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, and onions, wafted in the kitchen. "Where's your parents?".

"Shopping".

"So, you're alone with the deers in the woods".

"They keep me company while the Cowboys are gone".

"Well, I do have my Ranch to maintain".

"Do you, now. Y'all too tired because y'all at the Rodeos...and working in the stables. Or riding horses. Or something else like that".

"Truth is, Marjorie, I'm an average cook".

"Cooking is easy. Just don't cook cakes or things that take hours to do. Roast dinners, and the like. Take a seat, Rod...I'm sure the hours you took to get here has made your feet sore. I can get some ointment for them".

He took his brown colored boots off.

***

Marjorie walked to the First-Aid cabinet in the restroom. After she flicked on the light, she got what she needed, then closed the silver colored door.

Then she turned the light off, and headed down the hallway.

She reached the kitchen easily.

"Here's the ointment. I don't have Deep Heat yet. Mom and Dad will get that". Rod nodded. "That's fine; that's all I care about now. Thank you for getting it, Marjorie".

And he kissed her gently on the mouth.

***

Page 12.