🎵

Melody's POV

The person standing in front of me. The woman in the mirror. Was it really me? It's been so long that I'd forgotten what I'd even looked like before the incident. How would I have remembered the soft chestnut shade my hair had been after being so accustomed to the dull gray it had turned? My eyes had formed back to the light root beer shade I was born with and my bulging front teeth had shrunk to normal size. Additionally, my height had boosted now making me 5'6", only an inch shorter than Kurapika. I didn't mind this change but I knew it'd be hard to adjust from being on such a small scale before.

I looked down at my body almost to reassure that I wasn't just picturing things in the mirror. I was 100% sure that the cure had worked. It would be a nice surprise for Kurapika but he'd surely disappointed that I didn't wait for him. I could tell him that I was just too excited that I couldn't wait but I feel bad lying to him. If I had to tell him that I doubted if it would work I could likely lose some of his trust.

The bigger thought on my mind would have to be the fear of Kurapika leaving me. I mean he had no reason to stay since the cure worked but part of me would really miss him. The past few days felt nice to be back at his side but I knew that they'd have to end soon. I was a detour and Kurapika had to get back to his real plan.

Kurapika's whole life was based around destroying the phantom troupe once and for all. They'd taken everything from him and he'd never forgive them. He needed to get back every set of eyes in existence just to gain some closure for his brethren. He was almost done with that but I doubted that it would be the end. The least I could do for him would be to retrieve the last set of eyes. He was so close to getting them but he chose me over himself. Somehow, someway, I was going to get them for him. It's the least I could do.