🎵

Melody's POV

"Now Melody, I thought Kurapika asked for you to stay home. What are you doing here listening to our private conversation?" His figure in front of me asked his dark nen covering the entire elevator.

"I'm guessing that you're Chrollo," I state trying to stay calm.

"You'd guess right. Now answer my question. What are you doing here?" he asks getting impatient even though he's barely said a few sentences so far.

"Why do you need to know?" I reply stubbornly. I notice his look at the elevator panel before quickly typing a code in forcing the elevator to an abrupt stop.

"I have all day Melody. I would like to know because you are trespassing on my property listening to a private conversation in my own room. That could provide you with some very serious charges," he replies fake sympathetically.

"I see. Yet you've murdered thousands of innocent people and you somehow have no charges yourself?" I reply slyly.

"I have my ways," he says looking straight into my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he had the authorities in the palm of his hand. He seemed to be like that with everyone.

"You've heard the saying 'curiosity killed the cat?'" I ask.

"Yes, in fact, I have," he says nodding.

"Think of this situation in that way. I got curious and now I'm about to be killed for it," I reply shaking in my shoes.

"Oh Melody, you have this all wrong. I'm not going to kill you. I just wanted to know why you were trespassing outside my door," he says smiling. I doubt that he was going to let me go this easy.

"You can see Kurapika and I have a deal going on right now. He's making a highly important decision if you haven't heard already. I would like to get back to my room now, I'll talk to you later. I'm sure we'll meet again soon," he replied sending me a smirk. I didn't like this man. I didn't like Chrollo Lucilfer.

Author Note-

Another short Chapter:( Super busy but I promise next week will be longer.