🎵

Melody's POV

I pushed my way behind a few people on the elevator hoping that Kurapika wouldn't be able to spot me. Luckily something must have distracted him since he turned around and headed for the stairs rather than the elevator. I watched as he left letting out a breath of relief. The last thing I needed was for him to find me and ask what I was doing here. He'd know I'd followed him and I'd doubt he'd trust me again.

He most likely didn't even trust me now. I wouldn't be surprised if he knew I'd been following him. I wasn't sure if I'd even see him again after today. It's not like I was much of a help and I didn't have much to do with his mission. He'd most likely thank me for the eyes and be on his way.

I feel my phone vibrate and I check it to read "Hey, want to meet up?" from Kurapika. Was he being serious? What did he want to talk about?

I thought about the possibilities to why he'd want to meet up so soon and then it hit me. Chrollo mentioned something about a choice that Kurapika had to make and if I do remember correctly I'm pretty sure it had to do with sonata.

From what I can recall he was offered some "information" regarding the Sonata but I doubted that he'd chose a small bit of information in exchange for a chance to retrieve the eyes.

I brushed the thought out of my mind and began to assume it was about leaving a set of eyes at my house or something around there.

I told him to meet at a nearby cafe that I'd passed on the way to the area. It was in a remote part of town. I'd been there once before with my old friend before the sonata destroyed my life and took what was left of his.

He replied that he'd be there soon and I rushed to get there as soon as possible. Once I made my way out of the arena I called a cab to pick me up and take to the cafe. I felt a few butterflies forming in my stomach the closer we got to the restaurant. I wasn't sure why but I was unable to calm down. The harder I tried the worse they seemed to get.

What was happening to me? Why did I feel like this? The sensation in my stomach reminded me of old times with my friend. He'd take me on dates fairly often and we'd always fool around and have fun. Something about meeting Kurapika brought back those memories. In a way, I felt like I was about to go on my first date with him but I knew that couldn't be possible.

This was just a meetup. We were discussing business. This was not a date. I knew all of my thoughts were true but I still felt odd. This wasn't supposed to be a date so I shouldn't feel nervous about it. Kurapika most definitely wouldn't think this is a date so I should probably banish that possibility from my mind. I mean why would he ever want to go on a date with me? I doubt he even knew that I was his age.

Author Note-

Put in a few extra chapters this update. hope you enjoyed:)