Daylight

Silverpaw stared at the cat in awe. "My... father?" She shook her head. "No. That's impossible... Wait, did you say you took Goldkit to StarClan?"

The cat waited patiently for Silverpaw to put the pieces together. Silverpaw examined the tom more closely, his fur was gray like her own, except his fluffy coat was short like Sunheart's. It glistened like the night sky was painted onto his fur. But what really got Silverpaw's attention, were his familiar blue eyes. With a jolt, she realized where she had seen those eyes before. Snowflake's dreams. Silverpaw tried to give her mother privacy, but sometimes, she was sucked inside.

"You really are my father, aren't you," she said as she realized this was the cat that her mother always chased, but could never reach.

Bluemoon nodded. "I wanted to visit you, but my sister wouldn't allow me to walk in your dreams. She said she needed to teach you and I would only interfere."

"She's your sister?" Silverpaw said in shock, "But you two are nothing alike!"

Bluemoon chuckled, "We can't all be as charismatic as her."

Silverpaw purred in amusement, "What are you doing here?" Silverpaw asked, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but if she did't want you to intervene, why didn't she come herself?"

"I made a promise," he said simply, "I'm here to make sure you make it to the clans safely."

Silverpaw's eyes widened, "I'm going to be a warrior." she imagined herself running along side other cats, working together to protect each other and defend their home. She'd finally have a permanent home where she wouldn't have to worry about other rogues coming and chasing her away.

"Which clan will I be in? You were in ShadowClan, right?" Silverpaw couldn't believe her kithood dream was going to come true. She pictures herself on a border patrol, protecting her territory from anyone who would disturb the peace. Finally, she would have a permanent home. She would be the one chasing rogues, not the one being chased.

"Yes, I was in ShadowClan, but you can choose to go where ever you'd like," he answered, "but first, you're going to need a warrior name."

Before she could protest, Bluemoon jumped up onto a low tree branch and started the ritual. He spoke with such power and authority, it was hard to believe he died a kittypet and not clan leader.

Warmth spread through Silverpaw as she said I do.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Silverpaw, from this moment you will be known as Silversnow," Bluemoon purred. "We honor your courage and your honesty, and we welcome you as a full warrior."

Bluemoon jumped off the branch and rested his muzzle on Silversnow's head and she licked his shoulder. Up close, he smelled like the deep forest.

"Thank you," she said.

"No talking," he joked.

Silversnow rolled her eyes.

"I'll lead you to the lake. Did your mother ever tell you about my past?" he said as they walked.

Silversnow shook her head.

"I guess I should tell you, you have a right to know," he looked straight ahead as he talked. "I was born during Brokenstar's reign, it was a dark time for ShadowClan, elders were kicked out of camp, WindClan was driven from their territory," Bluemoon's voice got quieter, "and kits were given their warrior names before they were old enough to even become apprentices."

Silversnow wanted to ask if he had become a warrior when he was still a kit, but she waited for him to continue on his own.

"My name was Mintkit, when I was three moons old my littermate, Marigoldkit..." Bluemoon shuddered. "I fled down a chipmunk's hole... When her killer was gone, I ran. My twoleg found me and I lived with him. I wanted to go back, but I was afraid. Brokenstar would never let me live. I knew the truth."