Hell's Treasure Chapter 7

Page 39 panel 4

Medium shot in the middle tier.  POV behind Shaw's shoulder as she points at the American flag on a white tripod atop a cement riser.  It's a few yards away; the white metal fence leads up to it.  There's a metal plaque on a stand in front of the flag.

Aaron (off-panel): So what're we looking for?

Shaw: Right there.  That's what the museum showed me.

Page 39 panel 5

Wide shot.  Big panel in the middle tier.  POV from the other side of the flag in the foreground, looking toward Shaw and Aaron as they walk toward it.  The flag ripples in the brisk wind atop the bridge tower.

Shaw: It's the plaque.  It's important for some reason.  The museum didn't say why.

Aaron: So let's ask the bridge.  It seems to be on our side.

Page 39 panel 6

Bottom tier panel.  Closeup on Shaw as she crouches in front of the plaque and rests her fingertips on it.  POV looking up from a low angle behind the plaque.

Shaw: It's worth a try.

Shaw (caption): I focus, reaching out to the soul of the vast structure beneath my feet.

Page 39 panel 7

Closeup on Shaw's hand on the plaque.  We see the inscription on the bronze surface, as we did in the vision at the Met:  It reads, "Brooklyn Bridge, May 24, 1883.  John Roebling, Washington Roebling, and Emily Warren Roebling, Builders."

Shaw (caption): I ask the question again and again.

Shaw (caption): "What's so special about this plaque?"

Page 39 panel 8

Closeup on Shaw's face with her eyes closed as she strains to commune with the bridge.

Shaw (caption): But the answer is always the same.

Shaw: Silence.

Shaw: She's gone silent.

Page 40 (7 panels)

Page 40 panel 1

Medium shot.  First of three panels in the top tier.  Aaron crouches beside Shaw to get a better look at the plaque.  He frowns as he stares at it.  Shaw pulls her hand away from the surface of the plaque.

Aaron: She?  The Brooklyn Bridge is a she?

Shaw: Apparently.

Page 40 panel 2

Medium shot.  Side angle on Shaw and Aaron as they look at the plaque.

Aaron: I never would've guessed.

Aaron: So why isn't she talking all of a sudden?  Did we make her mad?

Shaw: Beats me.

Page 40 panel 3

Closeup on Aaron as he gets down on his knees and elbows for a closer look at the plaque.

Aaron: All right then.  Let's figure this out.

Page 40 panel 4

Middle tier panel.  Another closeup, this time focused on Shaw's face as she also hunkers down on knees and elbows on the other side of the plaque.  Aaron's head's in the foreground, and she watches him with great interest as he tinkers.

Shaw (caption): Brown.

Shaw (caption): I didn't notice till now, but that's the color of his eyes.