Chapter 12

Oh My Cherry kisses!!!! God loves Love!!!! He was able to help my mom go out and get my computer fixed!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehehe.

Well love bugs, some of you were really close but if Love was to tell you the answer to the riddle she'd probably give away the ending. Hehehe. Well here it is, Chapter 12.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Death's POV

He still hasn’t returned. I thought to myself as I sat at the table. After my wife stormed out the cottage last night, I sat down at the table and awaited him. I sent Akira out to find him and protect him if anything were to happen but Akira has not returned to confirm or deny if my wife is okay.

Becoming impatient and worried, I threw on my coat and set out for my wife. Thankfully the snow did not cover his traces so I was able to follow them to into town. However, upon my arrival to the town, I saw smoke and realized something was not right. I hurried to into town only to find it in disarray. People were scrambling around the town; women were trying to keep their children from going outside and the men carrying burnt wood and other objects.

“What happened here?” I asked as I stepped into the newly burned down bar.

“Lord Evans!” Detective Jones said surprised.

“What happened here?” I repeated myself.

“It appears to have been a massacre. Several victims were shot the others appeared to have been burned to death. However…” Detective Jones’ voice trailed off.

“However what?” I asked.

“If several of the victims were shot then why didn’t anyone in town here it and since bar was set on fire, why didn’t anyone realize until it was fully engulfed in flames?” The detective questioned. I looked around and he had the right to question this event. There was shooting but no one heard the gun shots. The bar was set on fire yet the flames did not leave the perimeter of the bar and spread to other buildings.

“Have you found anyone alive?” I asked.

“No, my lord, but we’re still looking for any victims.” The detective replied.

“Understood. Give me a full report of anything and everything you find.” I said while walking away.

“Yes, my lord.” Detective Jones said. As I was leaving, I saw something moving and stopped thinking it was my imagination until I saw an arm. I walked over to it and pushed off the wood and the dead body on top of the figure. It was a woman, probably no older than twenty-five. She looked dazed and confused but it was obvious she was the only survivor of this massacre.

“Detective, I’ve found a survivor.” I called to the detective. I stayed with the woman for a moment until the detective and other officers began to take care of her. As I began to leave, the woman caught hold of my coat and wouldn’t let go.

“Lord Evans, I know you’re looking for that boy. She has him.” The woman said.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“She has him. The young man that goes by the name of Tristen.” The woman replied weakly.

“Where is he? Was he here?” I asked.

“Yes. She has him. She wanted us to take him from you.” The woman said.

“Who is ‘she’? I need a name!” I snapped impatiently.