Day 1 - The Drill

Lance woke up from his beauty sleep fresh as a daisy, ready to start the day. That was until he climbed out his blanket and he felt the cold air nipping at his skin. Shivering, he grabbed is duvet and walked down to the dining area.

When he entered the dining area everyone was there, cocooned in duvets and blankets. Well, Shiro, Allura and Coran were fine, completely unfazed by the cold air. Lance plopped down into his chair, groaning. "Why is the castle freeeeeezing?" He complained, getting sounds of agreement from the others, obviously wondering what was happening.

After a couple seconds Shiro spoke up. "We're having a 'power-conserving drill' to see how we would cope if the ship needed to go into low power conservation mode." After he finished his sentence Allura started speaking, "We have three extra thick blankets, this means two pairs will have to share a bed at night to retain body heat," she turned to Shiro, "Shiro and I will pair up," she then turned towards Keith and Lance, "and Lance and Keith shall pair up!" She clapped her hands in delight.

Lance suddenly stood up, smashing his hands down on the table in defiance, "Why do me and Mullet have to share!?" He shouted towards Allura and Shiro, Keith flinching a teeny bit. Allura and Shiro sighed in unison, "First of all, its Mullet and I," this earned a huff from Lance, "second of all, it's so you two can bond." Lance huffed again before saying, "Is this so he can say that he cradled me in his arms again?" At these words Keith became a little flustered hearing that being said by someone else and in that situation. "Lance," Keith eventually spoke up, "I don't really think theres any other choice." Lance turned to him, "Well what if I shared with Hunk or Pidge?" Everyone paused, "We may be best friends Lance but..." Hunk started, "I don't wanna share a bed with you ever again!" "Yeah, Lance, I'm sorry but I'd be uncomfortable." Pidge piped up.
Lance groaned then turned to Keith. "Fine" he said drawing it out, "I'll share with Keith!". After he said this Pidge did a little fist pump and Keith's mind was going a mile a second, he was going to share a bed with his crush. This was going to be the death of him!

~

Shiro had just told the paladins that they had to get ready for lights out, this meant that Lance and Keith had to head to one of their rooms. That was what they were currently deciding on as Coran had said the beds could be expanded for them to be able to share.

"We're going to my room Mullet" Lance said to Keith. "Why? I don't want to be in that hell hole!" Keith responded crossing his arms, really he wouldn't mind going to Lance's room, but Lance couldn't know that!

"Why don't you flip a coin or do rock, paper, scissors?" Pidge piped up. "Good idea Pidgeon!" Lance praised her. "When I say shoot, you shoot," Lance said putting a fist out, "got that?" Keith nodded and mimicked Lance. "Rock, paper, scissors.... shoot!" Lance had paper, Keith had rock. "HA HA! I WIN!" Lance exclaimed, Keith fake groaning.

"Coran!" Lance called out, dragging Keith behind him, heading towards Coran "we're sleeping in my room!" "Okay, follow me and I'll sort out your bed." They followed Coran to Lance's room and Coran messed with a control panel, Lances bed instantly shifting into a king size bed. "There you go," Coran said, closing the control panel, "the size for a couple," Lance and Keith just stared at him, Coran coughed, "not that you are a couple, the bed, well this room, used to be host to a couple. Very similar to you, also paladins, red and blue..." he trailed off, "well I should leave now! Have a good night!" And with that Coran left. Leaving Keith and Lance alone. Together. In silence.

"So..." Keith said, breaking the silence, "we should probably get ready for bed." Lance nodded, heading to the bathroom. He turned his head towards Keith, "By the way, I sleep in my boxers," Keith's face started heating up, "and you'll have to do the same!" Lance turned around before he saw Keith's face that was now as red as his jacket. He was fucked.

~

About half an hour later Lance exited the bathroom, Keith had already got in the bed. He was really close to the metal wall and was shaking from how cold it was, he felt a dip in the bed and turned to see Lance getting in the bed. "You know being close to a metal wall will just make you colder," Lance said, "come closer." Keith turned around "Why should I?" He protested. "Just come here," Lance grabbed Keith and pulled him to his chest, he was radiating heat which felt so nice to Keith who was freezing, "there, better?" Lance asked. "I guess," Keith said his face turning red again.

Keith closed his eyes and subconsciously snuggled closer to Lance's chest, he was like a walking hot water bottle. Eventually he drifted off to sleep, something that rarely happened. Lance looked down at the raven haired boy in his arms, knowing Keith needed to sleep by the bags under his eyes. A part of Lance thought that Keith sleeping was adorable, and he was trying to ignore it. With these thoughts in his brain Lance started to drift to sleep, it then engulfed him completely.

(A/n from Nov 2020: hey y'all. My names Ray , i'm now 17 and wrote this when i was like 14/15, this fanfiction was written between seasons 3 and 8 of Voltron so some of it won't make sense.

The old A/n: I REALLY have to address this because it has been annoying me for nearly 2 years now since I started writing this... PIDGE AND HUNK ARE NOT SHARING A BED!
Pidge gets one of the spare blankets as well as the one on her bed where she will be sleeping.
Hunk gets one of the spare blankets as well as the one on his bed where he will be sleeping
And I didnt forget my main moustache man Coran, he gets one of the spare blankets as well as the one on his bed where he will be sleeping
Also Allura and Shiro sleeping in the same bed is purely platonic and it's because I've always viewed Allura as being over 20 (tho the last season messed that up like wtf is her age supposed to be??)

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY TED TALK!)