29

+ 29 +

Michael was driving me to some place that he had not told me where. He said that it was supposed to be a surprise and my 18th birthday present, he put it like that. I told him that we weren't getting drunk and that wasn't actually his plan after all. I secretly wished he would tell it to me because I was dying from the surprise he claimed would be the best day of my whole entire life. Of course I didn't believe him because I already had my best day ever.

It wasn't when my mom told me we were going to adopt a kitty and figured out the kitty was pregnant, it gave birth to Sweetie. It wasn't when my mom told me we were moving to Sydney, Australia or when she told me I was going to have a sister. Those were good days, the good old days when my dad was still by my side. In fact, the best day ever had just occurred to me in less than a month. The best day ever was when I knew I was in love with Michael.

Why would anyone not love him? He was beautiful, it was a cliche word to describe a boy because boys aren't flowers. But I really thought he was, why wouldn't he be? I know our love story isn't some Twillight shit or how Tobias loves Tris in Divergent. It's not like Gus and Hazel, a love that's going to be remembered for eternity. I also believed our love isn't some cliche shit like Eleanor and Park, but I love that book. Our love story is like Vegemite, people can only think it's digusting or think it's the most amazing thing ever.

That's what makes our love story different, the fact that it isn't perfect. Like love isn't something you can find down the streets or in your bag. It needs a lot of effort and sacrifices, I just hoped they were wasted for a good purpose.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked, slowly making the sounds from the radio stop since he lowered the voice. I looked at him, my eyebrows raised as I scratched my forehead.

"I'm fine." I told him lightly as I put my feet up on the leather seat. Wrapping my arms tightly around them and putting my chin in between my knees. "Where are you taking me? I just hope it's not something illegal."

"It's not going to cause any of us any trouble, I promise." Michael took his eyes off the road for a while to look at me as he gave me a small smile. His hand moved to mine and he intertwined our fingers together. I sunk back onto the chair and nodded. Looking out of the window. "Why don't we have special nicknames for each other? Even Four and Six from Divergent made each other a nickname, why can't we?"

"Unless you want to be called Gordon for the rest of your life, I don't know any more decent nicknames to give you," I said. Michael sighed lightly as he nodded. "Okay fine, what do you want to call me?"

"Carmen, I think it's a beautiful name."

"I'll still call you Michael," I told him. Michael rolled his eyes at me and then switched the radio station. He kept on looking for a decent station as his finger pressed the button multiple times. Finally he stopped pressing the button when a song from Radiohead came on and I smiled, I didn't know he had some sort of attraction towards Radiohead.

"If you could relive a moment of your life forever what would it be?" Michael asked, "It doesn't necessarily mean something that have happened. Something in the future maybe." Michael continued. I thought about it for a second and then shrugged.

"Maybe my wedding day because who wouldn't relive her wedding day?" I chuckled playfully as Michael tapped his fingers on the steering wheel rhythmically. He kept on driving and I kept on looking around like an idiot because I had nothing to do.

"Sort out the albums in alphabetical order if you're bored." Michael laughed. I looked at him weirdly, questioning him why the hell would I do that. But instead of being angry at him I noticed how his eyes looked bluer than usual, they were supposed to be light green but they had became dark blue. Eyes weren't supposed to change colors. "Alexa,"