20

+ 20 +

I straightened my strapless white dress that fell to right beneath my knees. It didn't hug my figure like I thought it would, it just hugged me perfectly and I already like it. A jacket was wrapped around me, it was just a simple black one and it didn't cover up much of the dress. Just enough so I wouldn't be freezing to death.

All Michael told me was to dress 'formally' whatever that meant. I bet he didn't even know what formal means but I needed to stay positive. It was all he told me before he ran out of my house and told me to get ready by 7. He really likes the number 7.

I took my (only) pair of pink flats from beneath the bed and put them on. Looking at myself in front of the mirror, I became satisfied by the reflection. I had put on mascara, eyeliner and a little eye shadow just so I didn't look tired. I had dabbed on a shade of pink lipstick and smiled. There, I was set.

Did I feel guilty that I actually ditched my boyfriend and decided to go out with my best friend? Yes, I felt so guilty. But part of me wanted me not to feel guilty because hey! It was my birthday and I needed to feel like I was the only girl in the world. Too bad that my boyfriend wasn't the one that made me feel that way.

A knock on my door made me jump backwards slightly as I took a good look of myself for the last time in the mirror. I pushed my hair to one side of my face and walked to the door, pulling the handle and it revealed the person on the other line.

Michael was wearing a blazer over his T-Shirt. It was a formal dinner, like he called it. His hair was still messy and he was fumbling with the sleeve of his blazer. I bit my lip and took a good look of him better. He should wear blazers more often they would fit him.

"You should wear blazers more often." I told him as I helped him button the sleeve. Michael let out a deep chuckle as I straightened his blazer. "It fits you." I went to his hair and combed it with my fingers. Feeling one or more strands of hair between my fingers, they fall off so easily. It was his habit of dying his hair; it should stop if he didn't want to be bald. I patted the hair gently and let it fell above his eyes; he looked a lot like Jack Frost.

"You should not be a bitch more often, it fits you." Michael told me as I rolled my eyes and went out of my room. Shutting the wooden door, locking it behind me. Even when I had known him for almost three months he still made me quite nervous. He still made me feel that I needed to impress him when I didn't need to.

"You should not be an asshole more often, fits you." I grabbed on the stair's railing as I jogged down. The sole of my flats making sounds to the stairs and I sighed. Michael followed behind me, his boots also made sounds to the floor. It was a really hectic sound but I didn't mind. My mom wasn't home anyways.

I jumped the last two steps and landed with a thud. It sent my cats scurrying to save their life as they went to the kitchen. Michael walked beside me and intertwined our fingers together.

Weirdly, it didn't feel like it was supposed to feel. I should feel normal; I shouldn't feel warm and fuzzy inside. His palm gave me warmth and it radiated throughout my body. I felt as if I was blushing because of the tingling feeling. My knees felt wobbly and I sighed, running a hand through my hair as Michael dragged me outside.

Was it weird? That I had never felt like that towards my own boyfriend yet my best friend could make me feel that way? Like I was wanted. Worse, like I was in love.

I shook off my thoughts as I entered the familiar scented car. It wasn't as messy as it normally would be it looked classy, like Michael had cleaned it up before he went to my house and pick me up. The air freshener had just been refilled and it sent the scent of the ocean around. Michael had an amazing sense of scent. If that actually exists.