Chapter 7 - To Fall

I'm not calling you a liar
Just don't lie to me
I'm not calling you a thief
Just don't steal from me
I'm not calling you a ghost
Just stop haunting me
And I love you so much
I'm gonna let you
Kill me”
- I'm not calling you a liar, Florence + The Machine

CHAPTER SEVEN

I popped a cherry in my mouth, crushing it in between my teeth. The sour taste made me tongue tingle deliciously as I savored it. I reached for a pink colored gloss and applied it on my lips, lightly pressing them together. It was subtle, but made my lips look soft and plump. Perfect.

I was wearing a white wrap dress that reached my knees. It was casual, yet enticing. My hair was up in a bun with a few strands escaping and falling over my face. I applied a little mascara as a finishing touch.

I was in my hotel room in Chicago and I couldn't resist the urge to go see Evan after the long flight I had. I was hoping to get to talk to him during the plane ride, but I didn't see him at all. He must be traveling first class, away from us commoners.

In a way, it was good though. No, it was great. I came late and went through the security separately to prevent my real identity from being exposed. No one could know that I wasn't Scarlett Stone. Thankfully, no one seemed to care or suspect anything at the airport. Mr Bates had stayed in New York as he had ample amount of work to deal with there. I and a woman from PR and a few other employees from different departments had traveled together.

I picked up the reports from my bed, a smirk forming on my lips at the thought of seeing him. He was going to regret all the teasing and playing he had put me through... I was going to make sure of that tonight.

I knocked on his door, waiting outside in the hotel lobby. My heart was beating wildly against my chest. After what seemed like a very long time, the door finally opened.

I sucked in a breath as my eyes wandered his body. He was wearing a jeans and a black t-shirt that fit his broad shoulders and muscular body like a second skin. His hair was wet from a shower and his scent was clean and earthy.

He looked surprised to see me there. "Ms Stone. To what do I owe your pleasure?" his eyes roamed my body before settling back to my face, his eyes slowly darkening.

Guess I wasn't the only one feeling hot and bothered. Good.

"I need your signatures on these reports." I held the reports in front on me, drawing his attention to them. "It's a bit urgent." I said lowly, my eyes sparkling with mischief, happily letting him know that it wasn't urgent at all.

"Is it really?" he laughed softly, licking his lips.

"Do you want me to come back later?" I challenged teasingly. We both knew he didn't want that.

"Why don't you come inside?" his voice was dangerous and daring, causing a delicious chill to run down my spine. "I mean, while I search for a pen to sign these urgent reports?" he took them from my hand, then held the door open for me, rather provocatively.

I held his gaze for a moment before slowly stepping inside, my shoulder brushing against his. I swallowed as I heard him shut the door behind me. My knees suddenly felt weak.

Evan was staying in the luxury suite. His room had a king-sized bed, exquisite furniture and artwork on the walls to add to the aesthetics. It had a balcony with the most- breathtaking view of the city.

"Wow," I breathed, staring at the city lights twinkling in the dark night. It was dazzling, chaotic and absolutely mesmerizing in every sense.

Evan appeared beside me, with two glasses of expensive red wine in his hands. He offered one to me with a playful smile which I gladly took, chuckling silently.